What brake for a Cheytac?

My 16.5 pound Snipetac has a muscle brake on it and it does a great job. I was shooting it off a bench w/bags yesterday and letting it free recoil to see if that changed accuracy or poi compared to how hard I usually drive it off the bipod. I could spot my impacts at 500 (closest I shot it). I have fired it without a brake and then back on to see how efficient it is. Let's just say that a 375 grain bullet @ 3150 will get your attention...it was money well spent.
If any of the others are more efficient then they must be awesome and worth the extra money.
Yep, there's little that can be done about the equal and opposite reaction of moving that much mass with that much powder behind it.

About 70% of recoil can be reduced with the right brake but there's little that can be done about the rest other than one of the spring or mercury recoil reducers that redirects an equal or greater shifting mass in the opposite direction. Even the gas charged recoil reducers will simply provide a bit of a shock absorber effect and of course for them you'd better allow for some extra room between your eye and the scope.

Love the terminator brake! have a t3 on 10.5 lb lapua and t5 on 40+ lb cheytac.

The Cheytac has to be close to 45 lbs scoped and with the brake it feels like 22ppc

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.