What barrel manufacture for semi custom build?

If they were superior methods of rifling why do all of the top long range shooters that I know use cut rifling?
That is completely false, I know for a fact a 5 time world champion has a button barrel on his rifle as I type this and he's told me he prefers a button barrel over cut if its a good button barrel.
A good barrel is a good barrel.
Also I know he took a Bartlien off and replaced it with the button barrel he currently has on his rifle after testing them side by side.
There more button barrels out there competing than you think

I have been wondering about the quality of Douglas barrels. I seldom see that anyone uses them. I know they have been around for seems like forever.

Douglas make great barrels. Old M70 Snipers, M40's and M40A1 rifles ran Douglas barrels for a time.

Not to mention all the different military SPR's running Douglas as well

I'm having my old Rem 700 270win sent in for a make over. The action will be trued and a new barrel will be fitted. I'm about 90% confident that I'm going with a 270ai, 1-8 twist, 26" , light Palma (or similar) contour. This will be a hunting rifle.

I've got a semi custom rem 700 SA in 223 with a 1-7 Bartlein. It is a blast (pun intended)

Loyalty runs in my bones, so originally I was going with a Bartlein, but I decided to consult the Oracle. What do you guys think?

Price, availability, lead time, and performance are all factors. Performance is king though.

The .270 fast twist 1:8 or faster with the new heavier high BC bullets along with new high energy powders with sufficient magazine COAL is completely different cartridge and will surprise most with its performance. I built similar last year 700LA with 3.67" magazine COAL, 27" Light Palma, 1:8 twist, 0.290 freebore added. Shoots lights out with 156HH at 3200 fps. It is so fun to shoot that its the first rifle I pull out safe!