Modify or build semi custom

coopsdaddy

Cut,thread,cerakote and modify stock bottom for small arca rail on 6.5 fieldcraft or build a Xlr chassis gun with an anti x and 18 inch barrel.
I will have 2600-2700 in fieldcraft vs 4200-4400 for built gun.
This is an all around hunting rifle with some occasional field/long range practice,no competition shooting.

Completely different rifles. Only you can choose. I haven't got on the chassis platform (yet). I'm not a huge fan of the Fieldcraft stock design either, so if thats the reason for a chassis, I say go for it. The cost difference is small considering your getting a custom action and a chassis.

Cut,thread,cerakote and modify stock bottom for small arca rail on 6.5 fieldcraft or build a Xlr chassis gun with an anti x and 18 inch barrel.
This is an all around hunting rifle with some occasional field/long range practice,no competition shooting.
This boils down to personal preference and intended purpose. I considered the XLR chassis (I have the element on another full custom rifle build) on my last full custom rifle build (Anti-X) but went with the CA MPR chassis instead.

1698838451347.jpeg

Do you have the 18in threaded fieldcraft or a long barrel non-threaded?