What’s up with Hornady’s reloading podcast?

Wow! I made it through all the posts. This started as a reloading thread and morphed into a Hornady factory ammo bashing. I don't buy factory ammo anymore except for 22LR and some 12 gauge shells.
I buy some Hornady bullets and load them in decent brass and use my available powders. I tried a Boss tuner on a Browning and ended up setting it and forgetting it. I have fun testing different loads and it gives me trigger time. I don't compete and shooting only from bench gets boring. If I can fairly consistently shoot .5 MOA, I am a happy camper. Seating depth can be a bit finicky on VLD bullets, but I usually run them .02 off the lands and they typically work for me.
I like simple things that give me my desired results.

I would not say 100 percent are gullible, you did. Example.. 2 of my friends that deer hunt but never get shots over 200 yards. One uses a 7 mm08, the other a 270. Both are spending over 2000.00 dollars each now for guns and ammo because the 7mm prc kills better.
2k is barely **** in the pot, also people are allowed to want/ buy new things just because they want to.

I will clear the air with this. I have used and will continue to use the interlock designs. I am not against new technology fast twist, new case design, new rifles. Where my gripe comes in is in the performance of the bullets on game. When hornady claims to be on top of the pile is with these long range bullets. I keep getting reports from my elk hunting friends on catastrophic failuers with their new designs bullets blowing up at extreme range.
For every bullet in existence there is a story out there of how it didn't perform properly on game, **** happens and gotta take that with a grain of salt. Curious what you mean by blow up at extreme range?
In the spirit of transparency I've never shot Hornady bullets for hunting. (I have considered them) I do shoot A-tips in a couple match rifles but that's solely because I can't get my hands on the appropriate Bergers.

For ALL those who try to sell me Hornady...give up already...I have been burned too many times...move on.
No more comments or reactions on this subject from me
I haven't heard anyone try to sell you anything. A couple people are pointing out that they do make some decent ammo, but it doesn't work for you, move on. What I was trying to accomplish earlier is to open your eyes to potentially valuable sources of information but you are stuck in your ways and prefer to keep your blinders on so there is no sense.

2k is barely **** in the pot, also people are allowed to want/ buy new things just because they want to.

For every bullet in existence there is a story out there of how it didn't perform properly on game, **** happens and gotta take that with a grain of salt. Curious what you mean by blow up at extreme range?
In the spirit of transparency I've never shot Hornady bullets for hunting. (I have considered them) I do shoot A-tips in a couple match rifles but that's solely because I can't get my hands on the appropriate Bergers.

I haven't heard anyone try to sell you anything. A couple people are pointing out that they do make some decent ammo, but it doesn't work for you, move on. What I was trying to accomplish earlier is to open your eyes to potentially valuable sources of information but you are stuck in your ways and prefer to keep your blinders on so there is no sense.
Thanks for the laughs! 🤣

I, for one, think Hornady has a good argument. I have a 243 that seems to prefer a given powder charge and not prefer another. I'm going to load up 20 of each and put Hornady's results to the test. Chronograph and POI both
Do it! After I tried that a few times I realized how many components and how much time I've wasted. Luckily only for a few years, and a barrel or twos worth of components…

Do it! After I tried that a few times I realized how many components and how much time I've wasted. Luckily only for a few years, and a barrel or twos worth of components…
IME it showed me that as long you are within the proper pressures using good components and reloading practices most loads with the same components will shoot very similar, It almost negates the need for load development. I now come up with loads way faster than when I was fooling myself with small samples. I usually have a load in 30-50 rounds depending how fussy I am trying to be.

IME it showed me that as long you are within the proper pressures using good components and reloading practices most loads with the same components will shoot very similar, It almost negates the need for load development. I now come up with loads way faster than when I was fooling myself with small samples. I usually have a load in 30-50 rounds depending how fussy I am trying to be.
Same here. If I'm not trying to squeeze the utmost velocity by trying different powders, I am usually done and verifying dope in 20-30 rounds. Today for instance loading for a buddy in 6.5 creedmoor I'm going straight to 40.5gr h4350, 140eld at book length. I am very confident it will work and he can get straight to practicing in field positions on steel.

2k is barely **** in the pot
That's barely the brass budget for my ELR rifle 🤣 At current prices can't even get the primers included, much less powder.

Sometimes new guns (even cheap ones) do shoot better than old ones. No damage from neglect, cleaning, handing, etc. If you can't hit the animal with the old gun, new one could be said to "kill better". Hence why a lot of 300WM shooters started making more kills with the 6.5CM - they stopped missing so often 🤡 Gotta have muh magnum for duh whitetails 🤦‍♂️

The kind of guys cycling through low-tier store bought rifles are probably the ones that need a new stick every few years...

You said that you have no options, wouldn't Peterson 33 xc brass be a better option? I'm not trying to be a smart @$$, I'm genuinely curious.
I am in Australia, I have to input that brass, get permits etc, etc and I'm not doing that to be stung exorbitant costs. I don't even know if Peterson make 416 Rigby brass…

Cheers.

To each his own. I never have bought and never will buy loaded.ammo again. I have been crafting my own for 42 years. Remington cartridges snapping was what started my handload career before that i always bought core lokt or power points. Seem like you keep following me around picking thru my quotes and disecting them. If you feel but hurt. Go to adminsration with it otherwise you and i are through.

To each his own. I never have bought and never will buy loaded.ammo again. I have been crafting my own for 42 years. Remington cartridges snapping was what started my handload career before that i always bought core lokt or power points. Seem like you keep following me around picking thru my quotes and disecting them. If you feel but hurt. Go to adminsration with it otherwise you and i are through.
Follow you around 😂, I don't think I've interacted with you outside this thread. You are also on a forum to engage in conversation. This far I do think you have sub par opinions and outlooks but I have zero feelings or emotions about it.

No that we've discussed seating depth not being so important,

SD doesn't matter much either!

Whe he starts stalking about the WEZ calculations, and 1st round hit percentages, that's were I think these discussions about seating depth, group sizes, ladder tests, etc start to fall apart. A 2mph difference in wind call makes a bigger difference than all the above.