Weaver 3-10x-40mm vs SWFA 10x42?

AK4900PA

I'm looking for a scope for my SPS tactical .308, but I'm on a pretty tight budget right now. I've narrowed it down to the two listed above. I like being able to dial down the magnification on the Weaver, but prefer the reticle on the SWFA. My deciding factors are going to be glass quality and turret quality. For anyone with experience with these two scopes, how do they compare?

I have no experience with the Weaver but now have 5 of the super snipers. The glass is pretty good, nothing like a high end scope, but it works for everything I need it for. I have one on a Remington LTR in .308. My scope is older and the turrets are mushy in one direction. The most important thing to me is the turrets are repeatable. When I dial all day and return the turrets to zero, the scope always comes back to zero. The super sniper is hard to beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.