Weatherby Mark V action wrench

Hello!
Does anyone know of a action wrench that will fit the Weatherby Mark V action?
This is not my preferred style but may be your only option.

I am doing the same thing with my Mark V. Northland Shooters supply also has action wrenches for the Mark V . $69.50. I have not found an INTERNAL ACTION WRENCH yet. Thats what I would prefer, so I could remove and replace the barrels, with Rings, Bases and Scope still attached. If you stumble across one PLEASE let me know.

I am doing the same thing with my Mark V. Northland Shooters supply also has action wrenches for the Mark V . $69.50. I have not found an INTERNAL ACTION WRENCH yet. Thats what I would prefer, so I could remove and replace the barrels, with Rings, Bases and Scope still attached. If you stumble across one PLEASE let me know.
I spoke to a smith and he stated that some of the older Weatherby actions were extremely difficult to separate the barrels. He had the vises he used and the cheater bars. If they are that difficult then an internal action wrench could damage the receiver. I would speak to a smith or several or call Weatherby.

If they are that difficult then an internal action wrench could damage the receiver
X2. This is the case with most factory-installed barrels on any receiver. Use an internal lug recess wrench after you've installed the new barrel with reasonable torque. I've used the Brownell's "universal" (V-notch) head on several types of flat-bottom actions (not a Wby as yet) without issue. If using a half-round head make sure it matches the receiver diameter or you might damage the receiver- the V-notch eliminates that concern.

Hi all,

I contacted Weatherby through their website with a question about the wrench(es) they use and discovered they use in-house tooling and machines for the barreling of the MKV.

They did recommend the same wrench from Brownell's that FURMAN posted in post #8 above.

John