Weatherby Mark V 7mm Rem Mag Project

bugthor

Recently completed project.
Many thanks Montour County Rifles for barrel installation and work, fluting, chambering, crown, and cerakoting.
I choose MCR (Kevin) because he supports this site and does awesome work.

Action: Weatherby Mark V
Barrel: Brux 26inch chambered in 7mm Remington Magnum
Stock: Bell & Carlson (pillar bedded/full floating barrel)
Mount: Near Manufacturing
Scope: Nikon Prostaff 7 2.5-10x42 (30mm)
Bipod: Atlas

Thanks for looking.
Mark

Wow. Mr Cram does such an amazing job. That us a beautiful rifle. Looks like the perfect balance of weight power and portability! Aught to make one awesome thunder stick! Congrats on a sweet rig!

Caleb

20 rounds of Rem factory 150gr corlokt ammo printed multiple 3shots groups that were sub MOA at 100. Couple of cut holes. I did not put graph paper over to measure exactly yet. I am pretty happy with factory ammo performance and will start to work some load data.

morning I am making the same set up except in a 7mm weatherby mag. H&S

fully adjustable sniper stock made for 9 lug W Germany model. Hart SS straight contour

#6 barrel, stock trigger,very light and crisp. barrel finished at 28". Pete Pheiffer in

Hempstead TX. is doing the smithing. Mr. Pheiffer is also making a 340 weatherby on a

721 LA action, shilen select match SS barrel straight contour, will finished to

30". timmey trigger fully machined. The stock is a H&S heavy barrel match contour.

No fluting on barrels. Both rifles will b fully accurized. ur rifle looks very good, what

kind of load r u working up. I have 7WSM 66grs 4832ssc 215, win. brass, 145gr.

barnes lrx bullets. love those barnes. this load shoots bug holes.

go have fun. shoot shoot shoot.

I was going to start with IMR 7828 on Nolser 150gr partitions.
I wanted to use this as a mid range hunter.
It is bit heavy for packing in the back country.
On horse back it is no issue, in a stand (like a TX box blind) no issue or shooting from a bench at the range no issue.
But to carry, a little bit much.

bug, very nice rifle. I like the caliber choice. In the Mark V with that barrel perhaps try a heavier bullet just to see what it can achieve. I've loaded the 168 Bergers for several 7mm Rem's with excellent results. With the right twist even the 180's may surprise you. Looks like you have a great shooter. Good luck

Congratulations, that is a beautiful rifle! Recently purchased a Mark V for a donor for my next project. I believe there is a lot of things to like about the Mark V.

That's cool! Does it track well for dialing longer shots? Also wondered if no parallax adjustment was a big deal out to 750yds or so? Sorry for all the questions I just really like how you have that rifle set up and just wonders if you have had any success out that far. Thanks

Caleb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.