Weatherby Mark V 7mm Rem Mag Project

I got the BDC reticle and use Nikon's calculator. For my type of hunting I ave never dialed elevation, because I have never shot anything over 350 yds. I have not shot this rifle more than 100 yds, nor have I hunted with it. I am finding I am liking Nikon glass more and more (My bionos are 10x56 monarchs and great at dusk to dawn). I have a Leupold VXIII that I am selling now that I was going to use on this rifle but the 50mm hit the barrel. I wanted to keep using the Near MFG mount (they are incredible and expensive) so I tried the Nikon because it had the 42mm obj with 30mm tude and was not $500+. Fit perfect and it is a nice scope form and function for the $$. Disappointingly it is made in China and I didn't know that until I read it on the box (boo me). However, that is the only thing disappointing about it. Short answer, I have not run it thru the ringer nor shot a box with it but I zeroed fast and it did what I wanted it to.
Hope this helps.

Bugthor,

Thanks for taking the time to give some great details! I really appreciate it! That definately helps. I am really considering buying one of those.

Caleb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.