We need a thread for member who rip off other members

I have bought tons of stuff off the classifieds for most of the gun forums. I only got burned once for 125 on an "action/trout line weight" That member got banned from that site. Never had one but of a problem here. I have had sellers drop stuff in the mail before I could mail payment.

A guy advertised he wanted to buy old Redfield Accutrac scopes on Snipers Hide. I had one in a drawer with the rings still on it so I took a picture and sent it to him with my price and the remark that it had heavy ring marks on it.

He bought the scope so I took the rings off and mailed it to him once payment was received. He emailed me back that it had heavy ring marks on it and he did not know if he would have bought it if he had known.

I reminded him that I had told him they were heavy but if he was unhappy I would mail him a Postal money order for his amount plus an extra $20 for return shipping to me. He decided to keep the scope.

I did not set out to deceive the guy with the picture because that was just the way the scope was laying in the drawer but it looked that way to him so I did the only thing I knew to do to try to make it right.

This is an important but VERY tricky situation. I have never been in favor of it because there is such a huge potential for unfair characterizations. Without a full-blown jury trial in some of these situations, how do we know who is right when a complaint is aired.

Arizona Shooting Redirect has a feedback forum.
We are allowed 1 post, good or bad, in the feedback. 1 from the buyer and 1 from the seller. No bickering or the mods give a 1 week ban to the instigator of the bickering. Very simple and very effective.

A basic post of 'so&so' didn't ship me the xxx I bought is a pretty simple and effective method of letting everyone know who are the crooks.

Remember to always pay with P.O. money orders through the U.S. mail.
If the seller cheats you, he is committing mail fraud and the Postal Service is very effective in prosecuting those thieves.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.