Wax-in your blueing, along with your wood. Weather Protection.

98s1lightning

For Weather Protection (preventing rust/corrosion)

Am I reading this right that guys are WAXING blued and stainless gun metal?

And wood stocks?

I never heard of waxing steel. I have always gone with whatever gun oil works/is plentiful.

I've not tried wax, I assumed like said it would be slippery......but I have been extremely impressed with this stuff. There are a few tests online of coating bare steel and leaving outside with impressive results.
gun-care-4oz-front-585-750__54235.jpg

ThinkN that was a lesson to help the Karate Kid, become a master of his ambidexterity. On an oil-finished rig will often use Landmark amber colored Paste Wax. It's Anti-Slip, EasyPolishing, Hard Finish. Stuff has just enuff Turpentine in the mix to refresh the wood. It's like Giving the Dog a Bone, keeps e'm clean and happy in foul weather.

Last edited:
Had not thought about it but has anyone had any luck with the 'Quck Ceramic' coating like they use on car finishes. Might make since.

Renaissance Wax
Its original purpose was use in museums for rust protection. It is an amazing product.
I used it on an Alaska black bear hunt coating my Kimber Classic 308 with it. It was a salt water Zodiac boat hunt. I still wiped my gun down at the end of the day every day to get the salt water spray off. Worked well.
400 series stainless can have "free" iron on the surface which can rust as well, so the wax helps protect it too.
I highly recommend waxing in wet climates especially. Best of luck what ever you decide to use.

For Weather Protection (preventing rust/corrosion)

Am I reading this right that guys are WAXING blued and stainless gun metal?

And wood stocks?

I never heard of waxing steel. I have always gone with whatever gun oil works/is plentiful.
I'm a fan of dry sprays. I use these dry sprays for lubrication for outdoor locks, hinges and slides. The sprays 'dry out' and unlike regular 'wet' lubricants that dust can cling to, dust does not stick to it.
For dry 'Rust Protection' only (when I don't want lubrication and a slippery surface), I use '303 Corrision Coat.'
There are other dry rust protection sprays. I'd like to hear from anyone who use other rust protection dry sprays.