Waterspots on brass

The7mmSTW

I have been cleaning brass with my new stainless tumbling media kit, which works amazing

But I was wondering what y'all have done to decrease the Waterspots on the brass

They are not plentiful but will effect anything in the final product?

-matt

Some people clean brass like you some don't clean at all.
I have done both. Do you shoot better with clean brass?:D
Primer pockets should be always cleaned in my opinion.

When I clean mine like you I will rinse them all off with cold tap water, a lot.
I will then lay them on a large towel in a rolling row.
Then I will fold the towel over and roll them back and forth.
This will take all the excess water off and make them "spotless"
I have heard of people using baking soda or something in the rinse water to help for the spots but not sure on this and if it helps the brass.

I do the same as drbill, except I rinse with as hot of water as the tap will run. Probably makes no difference, but if figure it's like doing the dishes. hot water rinse makes them dry quicker.

The hot water is a very good idea and I think I will try it, but the hot water heater in the "toy" section for me and my children is off because my wife likes her pennies.:rolleyes: :D

Preheat your oven to 375*, rinse your brass and lay them on a cookie sheet and bake for 3 min. No water spots and can be loaded immediately because the brass will be dry inside and out.

The hot water is a very good idea and I think I will try it, but the hot water heater in the "toy" section for me and my children is off because my wife likes her pennies.:rolleyes: :D

I use the kitchen sink. Try that, she may re-think letting you have hot water. LOL

I may try the oven trick next time.

Don't leave them in too long like I did. It turned them brownish. Also, I thought using more Lemon Shine would make them even brighter. It turns them brownish after acouple days. Sooo, I went back and read the instuctions again and lo and behold they knew more than I did.:rolleyes:I now rinse mine really well in warm water and roll them on a dish towel. No spots at all. I absolutely love my Stainless tumbler.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.