Washington Gunsmith Recommendations?

Brydawg512

Hello all,

Looking for gunsmith recommendations in Washington, preferably on the eastside. I am located in Ellensburg. I am looking to have the barrel on my rifle threaded for a brake.

Thanks in advance.

There several top notch builders in Idaho. Lane Precision, Whaley Precision, Defensive Edge, Hells Canyon Armory. They all produce a great rifle.

Rbros would be my vote, he's west side but he does great work. Just finished up a buddies 7mm RM shooting 180gr Berger's. Was smacking 26" rock at 1,318yds last weekend

Rbros would be my vote, he's west side but he does great work. Just finished up a buddies 7mm RM shooting 180gr Berger's. Was smacking 26" rock at 1,318yds last weekend
RBROS does good work, but hitting a 2moa size target? That's like shooting 2" groups at 100y. I'm sure the rifle is capable of much more.

I'll rephrase... center punching a 26" rock. Group was tighter than the rock, but what do we know
Hitting a 26" object at 1300y takes knowing your dope and being able to read wind if present. Ammo consistency on your es is the biggest factor here. Hitting a 2moa target is more shooter and consistent ammo at this point. An RBROS rifle is usually capable of sub half moa. I know your thinking I'm a *****, but running a 5k dollar rifle with proper handloads and solid dope, 2 moa targets should be pretty much range dial shoot impact.

It was exactly that, range, dial, shoot and he nailed it. Whats your point? You're assuming a lot. They are handloads, the very load Travis developed for that rifle. I was simply stating it was a nice gun making 1,300yd impacts during barrel break in. To OP, give travis a call, he'll take care of ya.

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Hello all,

Looking for gunsmith recommendations in Washington, preferably on the eastside. I am located in Ellensburg. I am looking to have the barrel on my rifle threaded for a brake.

Thanks in advance.

I know you are asking for a recommendation but what kind of research you have done yourself so we do not duplicate your efforts.

And just to be clear, you are asking for a gunsmith that can thread your barrel for muzzle brake?

Have you contacted?

Archimedes Machining Inc.
Ellensburg, WA 98926
http://www.eburgguns.com/contact-us/

Last edited:

Ellensburg to Oly isn't that far if top quality is the goal. Having the assurance that Travis at RBros did the work is money well spent.

According to his website, he is a builder and NOT currently doing gunsmithing operations such as the OP's gunsmithing requirement.

RBros.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.