• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Warning about Pacific Tool and Gauge

Sealesniper

I think I have found another one of Hillary's "Tax Shelters", and it goes by the Name of Pacific Tool and Gauge. Order from them at your own LOSS.

Here goes.

I ordered bottom metal for a Rem 700 SA on 10/4 online. Web page showed the piece in stock (I actually wanted another piece but it was backodered for 8 weeks so I ordered this one, and it would have worked just fine). At time or order, I got a message on their web order page, that item was in stock and would ship in 3 to 5 days. I placed the ORDER
Two days later I got an email saying the part I ordered was on backorder now and would be 8 weeks for production. 8 weeks for bottom metal for a gun...in hunting season....8 weeks our hunting season is OVER. I sent an email on 10/21 asking to resolve the issue, and requesting a call... NOTHING.

On Monday 10/24 I called and got the girl in the office. She confirmed that that part was still 8 weeks....still 8 weeks (3 weeks after the order) from production. I told her about my order not showing out of stock, and she was not concerned. I asked to cancel the order and she said sure but we will CHARGE YOU 20% for canceling the order... ARE YOUR KIDDING ME????!!!!! $32 for you doing NOTHING???

So I canceled the order anyway,as I hate bad business, and now a week later I still have no credits of any kind on my credit card. I have a confirmation email from them on 10/24 that the order was canceled but no credit. I just opened a dispute with my Visa account.

BEFORE YOU ORDER FROM PACIFIC TOOL AND CROOKS, READ THEIR REVIEWS ON GOOGLE. WISH I HAD. THIS IS ONE GUN BUSINESS THAT NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUISNESS.

I've placed orders from PTG several times and they are notorious for slow shipping times. I ordered a bottom metal and didn't receive it for 7months. I have found that if you are going to order from them you need to call them and ask lots of specific questions.

I've placed orders from PTG several times and they are notorious for slow shipping times. I ordered a bottom metal and didn't receive it for 7months. I have found that if you are going to order from them you need to call them and ask lots of specific questions.

Even then they don't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

They had some bolts on sale, stiller was one of them, I had asked if it was compatible with a r700, of course they said yes. Well its not, and no returns.

In my experience its best to let your smith deal with them, chances are your smith can get further with their dip**** CS than you.

Thanks for taking the time here to post this. I always regarded them as a top-shelf company, it's obvious here that they have some major issues.

Hopefully they get wind of this and feel the pain.

Buy elsewhere!

Thanks for taking the time here to post this. I always regarded them as a top-shelf company, it's obvious here that they have some major issues.

Hopefully they get wind of this and feel the pain.

Buy elsewhere!

They won't and they don't care. PTG bolts are pretty renowned as far as I know. They have more business than the grinders can keep up with. They obviously cut major cost corners w/ their operators and secretaries.

l ordered Rem700 long action magnum bottom metal Sept 1 2016 and received it Sept 6 2016.
By Sept 8 I had the bedding block milled out for the magazine well, and the whole thing epoxied into the stock.

I built 5 rifles in Aug - Sept for hunting in October, and Pacific Tool and Gauge were one of the few things that went smoothly.

Attachments

• V block and removable magazine heavy 7mm 9-7-2016.jpg
    V block and removable magazine heavy 7mm 9-7-2016.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 10.5 pounds without a trigger 29 in #5 taper Benchmark barrel 7mmRM Rem700 9-8-2016.jpg
    10.5 pounds without a trigger 29 in #5 taper Benchmark barrel 7mmRM Rem700 9-8-2016.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 10