• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Warning about Pacific tool and gauge

Sealesniper

I think I have found another one of Hillary's "Tax Shelters", and it goes by the Name of Pacific Tool and Gauge. Order from them at your own LOSS.

Here goes.

I ordered bottom metal for a Rem 700 SA on 10/4 online. Web page showed the piece in stock (I actually wanted another piece but it was backodered for 8 weeks so I ordered this one, and it would have worked just fine). At time or order, I got a message on their web order page, that item was in stock and would ship in 3 to 5 days. I placed the ORDER
Two days later I got an email saying the part I ordered was on backorder now and would be 8 weeks for production. 8 weeks for bottom metal for a gun...in hunting season....8 weeks our hunting season is OVER. I sent an email on 10/21 asking to resolve the issue, and requesting a call... NOTHING.

On Monday 10/24 I called and got the girl in the office. She confirmed that that part was still 8 weeks....still 8 weeks (3 weeks after the order) from production. I told her about my order not showing out of stock, and she was not concerned. I asked to cancel the order and she said sure but we will CHARGE YOU 20% for canceling the order... ARE YOUR KIDDING ME????!!!!! $32 for you doing NOTHING???

So I canceled the order anyway,as I hate bad business, and now a week later I still have no credits of any kind on my credit card. I have a confirmation email from them on 10/24 that the order was canceled but no credit. I just opened a dispute with my Visa account.

BEFORE YOU ORDER FROM PACIFIC TOOL AND CROOKS, READ THEIR REVIEWS ON GOOGLE. WISH I HAD. THIS IS ONE GUN BUSINESS THAT NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUISNESS.

Thanks for the post and hope they make it right!
Somebody here should know how to flood the web with this info..

I have ordered from Pacific Tool and Gauge a few times. If you are not willing to wait, don't order. Pretty simple. Their parts will show up, but usually at the end of the quoted time frame or a little latter.

I have ordered from Pacific Tool and Gauge a few times. If you are not willing to wait, don't order. Pretty simple. Their parts will show up, but usually at the end of the quoted time frame or a little latter.

But when they originally say the product will ship in 3-5 business days and the information isn't correct, they need to fix it on their website. Then when he calls a few weeks later and it'll still be another 8wks out, the OP has a right to complain about the company. Might read the full story next time.

I would 2nd their poor customer service. For some reason, they don't value repeat customers.

I won't buy from them again.

Who you gonna use? I and others might wanna go that route.

Cool story bro, good for you.

if this is to be expected from ptg i will no longer buy from them.if they tell me 3-5 days then it flat out has to be that timeframe. if i was the op i wd threaten to file suit for charging a cancelation fee.

Seems to be the norm for many businesses lately. Makes me wonder who the customer is, the vendor or the poor guy wanting to make the purchase. Better communication would be a good start. Many retail customer service employees are not paid very well and this leads to a could care less attitude. Doing the bare minimum for a customer has become normal. Luckily this example doesn't represent all businesses as testament on this forum. Too bad the OP lost money, but probably well worth it to him. Caveat Emptor!

Just my experience with PTG over the last 10 years. 95% of all of my orders I have made with them have failed the expected ship date by several weeks to months. Also 80% where incorrect and had to return the product and make another order. When I have to order from PTG, (I cringe).
My worst dealing to date with them was 4 returns and waited 23 months for a reamer in 300 Norma. They kept on sending me a 308 Norma.

Brian

My experience was abysmal. I ordered a custom reamer based on a .220 Swift leaving only 1/8" neck. He sent me two .220 Ackley reamers. I sent them back and asked him to check my print. Next time he sent me only one .220 Ackley reamer. I sent it back and asked him to check the print. Next time I get one that is almost correct; except it has no neck.

I decided to drive to his shop since in was no more than twenty-five miles. I showed him the reamer and asked if he could grind it with a neck on it. He wanted to charge me again! His secretary showed him I already paid. He ground the reamer but didn't follow the print. At least it had a neck.

Then I asked him about the gauge to go with it. He said, "You used up all the money for the gauge on all the grinding I already did." I kid you not.

The 'smiths I know locally don't use him any more.

Just my experience with PTG over the last 10 years. 95% of all of my orders I have made with them have failed the expected ship date by several weeks to months. Also 80% where incorrect and had to return the product and make another order. When I have to order from PTG, (I cringe).
My worst dealing to date with them was 4 returns and waited 23 months for a reamer in 300 Norma. They kept on sending me a 308 Norma.

Brian

Way better reamer guys out there now than these guys.

Many years ago Dave Kiff was really good to deal with. Lately dealing with others at PT&G has been a bad experience. Maybe just to big to care?

But when they originally say the product will ship in 3-5 business days and the information isn't correct, they need to fix it on their website. Then when he calls a few weeks later and it'll still be another 8wks out, the OP has a right to complain about the company. Might read the full story next time.

Didn't say it was right or he didn't have a right to complain. JUST stating my experience.

Just to follow up. two weeks have gone by since the order was canceled and they still have not issued any credit to my card. THEY ARE THIEVES.