waiting on new barrels.

Nice Shooting! what were you using to clean between shots?

also, looks like, on that last picture, there are 2 shots in the upper hole

Butch's. It works ok. I just plan on doing every thing twice before patches are clean.
The rounds where 3.60 coal( mag length). With the hornady over all length gauge and 210 bergers to the lands is 3.77. Going to start working up some loads tonight. It will be a few before I can get back out an shot.
Hope every body gets there rigs up and shooting soon

Butch's. It works ok. I just plan on doing every thing twice before patches are clean.
The rounds where 3.60 coal( mag length). With the hornady over all length gauge and 210 bergers to the lands is 3.77. Going to start working up some loads tonight. It will be a few before I can get back out an shot.
Hope every body gets there rigs up and shooting soon

cool. Haven't broken in a barrel before, so always curious about what folks do. Still no word on my barrel/rifle... hoping it gets here in another 6 weeks

developing loads for the new barrel and am having problems with the case
stinking after the shot. they chamber smooth and if not fired will come out with easy. once fired you got to beat the bolt open and then use a cleaning rod to tap the shell out.?????????????????????????????????????????????
I have used alcohol to wipe the shells off.
cleaned the chamber heavily with hoppes and butches
Remington brass on 4th reloads.
stumped

couple thoughts, first is, how clean is the brass, I've had similar problems with brass sticking when it got a little dirty.

second thought is, over pressure, the times I had a case stick, I had over charged a couple of cartridges.

still waiting on my barrel

IMAG0408_zps7a23ab53.jpg

wish I knew what powder HSM use's in there factory loads. I was having issues with case's becoming stuck after firing. so I bought some to see if the problem was junk remington cases being soft or me not getting them clean enough. turns out both. HSM cases never got stuck
IMAG0409_zps6ef55e60.jpg

nice shooting!

The time it's taking to get my rifle, and the way the weather's going, I might not get to do load development til spring....good thing I have a couple boxes of accubonds laying around

Plenty of people stock barrels, but if you want something to your specs you are gonna wait...and pay!

Still waiting, the ATF worked faster than Kreiger. Ima go get my suppressor tomorrow. Got the paperwork over a week ago. Might get to try it out on my .338 Edge first.

talked to my smith yesterday, he got a new batch of barrels a couple days ago, but has been pretty swamped, so hasn't been able to check if mine is with them. The timeline is about right so I hope so....I only found out because I called to add another thing to my order....The longer this takes to get the barrel, the more little things I add to the order..... maybe it's all an evil plot.....nah, he's been real straight forward during the whole process

While I was away this weekend, my wife called my smith. Valkyrie should be coming home first week of November....now wondering if that means next week, or the first FULL week in the month

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.