waiting on new barrels.

ig25

Waiting on new barrels to finish you builds is like a kid whating for chrismas.
:D:D:D

Ya. I just talked to my smith ("shortgrass" here on LRH) yesterday, & he was telling me that even Hart went from 8 weeks, to 12 week wait time!

Glad mine was ordered in February, & my build should arrive back here in Oregon in a week or two!!!!!!!gun)
Yeah! It seems like the wait is forever long when your waiting for something that cool huh. Like trying to sleep the night before opening day of Elk season, its pure torture, but usually worth the wait in the end.
Be patient, & it'll get there.

Ya. I just talked to my smith ("shortgrass" here on LRH) yesterday, & he was telling me that even Hart went from 8 weeks, to 12 week wait time!

Glad mine was ordered in February, & my build should arrive back here in Oregon in a week or two!!!!!!!gun)
Yeah! It seems like the wait is forever long when your waiting for something that cool huh. Like trying to sleep the night before opening day of Elk season, its pure torture, but usually worth the wait in the end.
Be patient, & it'll get there.

For me this is really hard because this is my first "custom" gun. started out as a stock Savage 11 and the only stock part is the action, once it's all put together. Waiting on the barrel, Ordered a Benchmark from Stockade, Kevin Rayhill said he'll install it for no extra cost, so I'll be sending him the rifle once he gets the barrel finished, he said 2-4 months

I'm always waiting for gun goodies, custom reamers are very exciting to wait for and new lathe tooling is hard to beat, barrels are great especially from a new maker, I think I'm going to put in a Hart order next :D

Try Waiting on your build after you have seen a pic of it !!!!! I have a 338 lapua off to Grit ( Deadly Precision Gunsmithing) and he sent me the pic a few days back and now I am like a **** kid at christmas can't hardly sleep......if that isn't cruel and unusual punishment I don't know what is. Hell of a gunsmith and customer service is awesome, but a bit sadistic if you ask me:D I may have begged him for the pic, but addicts don't know whats best for them.

Try Waiting on your build after you have seen a pic of it !!!!! I have a 338 lapua off to Grit ( Deadly Precision Gunsmithing) and he sent me the pic a few days back and now I am like a **** kid at christmas can't hardly sleep......if that isn't cruel and unusual punishment I don't know what is. Hell of a gunsmith and customer service is awesome, but a bit sadistic if you ask me:D I may have begged him for the pic, but addicts don't know whats best for them.

LOL, you just gave me a reason to be happy that I DON"T know for sure what mine's going to look like

I know the feeling of anticipation. When I built my AR-260 I did it slowly over a 2 year period buying parts and assemblies when I had a few extra dollars.

Once I had it all in hand and started finishing it up I was like a 6 year old putting his brand new train set together on Christmas Morning!

I've got a couple of overhaul and upgrade projects in the works right now I'm hoping to have finished up by fall so once again I'm in the same position.

Enjoy the anticipation!

its fun to set back and plan on what other peices will be next or what gun to rebarrel next.
I am 4 weeks in on a 8-10 week turn around on a 30" barrel for my 300rum build. :D

its getting closer. I am at 8 weeks of the 8 - 10 week wait time.
I was doing good when I had forgot about it.
bring it on.

For those like myself that think waiting for a bbl is worse than a root canal....

Barrels :: Southern Precision Rifles

Rock, Obermeyer, Brux & Krieger..... in stock (mostly :D) I have 2 Obermeyers that I didn't have to wait for..... Stiller S/A that I didn't have to wait for..... There are still a TON of BRUX barrels in stock which are highly recommended by my 'smith Chad Dixon of LongRifles Inc. Greg Young is GTG & Ranger160 (Greg's partner IIRC) is a sponsor here.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.