waiting on new barrels.

been almost 2 months here, should be pretty soon now. Sent the rifle UPS to the smith, since installation was part of the cost, not bad considering it was about the same as getting the barrel factory direct, have a stock coming from him too, so to save on shipping I'm having him put the stock on and send the whole thing to me in one package

Ordered four barrels Feb 2011, have received two of them, one was the wrong contour. I've heard everything cept money rattlin and bacon fryin.

I guess I got lucky....got my 29.5 inch kreiger blank in 2 days from midway this week..I didn't feel like waiting...

lucky:)...talked to my smith yesterday, looks like another month or 2 for my barrel, then having him bed the action to the stock, put it all together and get it back to me, hopefully in tome for me to get my load testing done before hunting season

In smith time 8 to 10 weeks means 10-12. so 2 to 3 weeks means 3 to4 weeks. I my mind perfection takes a little longer. when I get the barrel thats when the fun begins. the bedding. buying a new scope to match the 300rum 30" sticks capablity. followed by load testing and hunting season next year.

In smith time 8 to 10 weeks means 10-12. so 2 to 3 weeks means 3 to4 weeks. I my mind perfection takes a little longer. when I get the barrel thats when the fun begins. the bedding. buying a new scope to match the 300rum 30" sticks capablity. followed by load testing and hunting season next year.

Despite mine being a .308, I have the same plans, though my smith is bedding the action since he made the stock. When I get it back, it's due for a scope upgrade, then seeing what limits I can push my little .308 to. Hopefully I'll get it back in time for hunting season, he told me it would be no problem

I know how you guys feel. I've been building a custom gun for the last 2 years. Its a switch barrel and I have 2 Krieger barrels and 2 Brux barrels. Right now I'm waiting on my last few things. A bolt and my XLR stock. Ive had to wait for every single part between 2-3 months, other than the scope and trigger. Its a waiting game and I'm getting the fever real bad. All I want to do is start creating loads and go shooting. I'll post some pics when its all complete.

picked up my go gauge today. just need a need 20moa rail. well and the barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.