VXIII VS MK4 Leupold

Willys46

If this has been covered before please direct me to it. I would like your opinion on the MK4 vs the VXIII. Is it worth the extra $? I would be getting fine duplex and having the M1 knobs put on the VXIII. It looks like I save about $150 going that route. If the MK4 is that much better then I might as well save a couple months and get the Nightforce!
Am I missing something between the two?
Looking at the 6.5X20-50mm.

Cody

[ QUOTE ]
I might as well save a couple months and get the Nightforce!

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's an option that is what I would do. If not get the VXIII and forget about the M1 knobs and save about $300. Shoot me an email and I can get you some prices on the scopes your looking @.

I have dealt with the VX III and they were junk in my opinion. Go with the night force NXS, a far supieror scope.
would never go back to a lupie unless they started selling the mark 4 for 300 or less. then I still dont know if I would put it on my main hunting rifle.

[ QUOTE ]
have dealt with the VX III and they were junk in my opinion. Go with the night force NXS, a far supieror scope.
would never go back to a lupie unless they started selling the mark 4 for 300 or less. then I still dont know if I would put it on my main hunting rifle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm a pretty big NF fan these days but think this may be a little harsh. The VXIII and Mark4 leupies are still top tier scopes. Just on the bottom of that top tier. No question the NF is better but the Leupy is not junk.

[ QUOTE ]
I have dealt with the VX III and they were junk in my opinion. Go with the night force NXS, a far supieror scope.

[/ QUOTE ]
I went on a RANT a few month's ago on this very topic, I tried to find it but could not. but this is the "text book Nightforce myopia" I was ranting about. so ridiculous it is hilarious.
UB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have dealt with the VX III and they were junk in my opinion. Go with the night force NXS, a far supieror scope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm a pretty big NF fan these days but think this may be a little harsh. The VXIII and Mark4 leupies are still top tier scopes. Just on the bottom of that top tier. No question the NF is better but the Leupy is not junk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, 3 of the main Sporting stores I frequent have stopped carrying Leupolds... cold turkey. All quote poor customer service, bad luck on warranty issues, and poor turn around times when they do agree to warranty work...

I have never heard one bad thing about the way the boys at NF treat anyone....

Just my opinion, based on my world..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If this has been covered before please direct me to it. I would like your opinion on the MK4 vs the VXIII. Is it worth the extra $? I would be getting fine duplex and having the M1 knobs put on the VXIII. It looks like I save about $150 going that route. If the MK4 is that much better then I might as well save a couple months and get the Nightforce!
Am I missing something between the two?
Looking at the 6.5X20-50mm.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Willys,

Go buy one of them there Superior HUSKEMAW SCOPES, from Wyoming and let us know if they are worth the $$... See there link in EQ. Reviews.....

Leup is a very good scope, most definantly top tier. I have never had nor heard of anyone having any warrenty issue problems with them and i have personnaly sent back more than a few scopes for people for warrenty work and have recieved many of them back extreemely quickly. Leup is not as good as NF by any means but they are still a great scope. If you are wanting a true tactical scope save your money and go with the NF. IF you are wanting a hunting scope with LR capabilities you can save a little money and some wieght off your rig by going with the VXIII.

take it easy
steve

I haven't ever tried the MK4 but I assure you that the Luepold VXIII 6-22 X50 is good out to at least 1300 yards on antelope if you can hit them. I had too much wind to get a bullet landed at that range but I put the crosshairs on more than one of them and everything was just fine. Resolution for a good aiming point was more than satisfactory. The best I ever managed to do was 860 yards and that was not the scopes fault but just the difficulty of shooting in 30 mph winds. I assure you a Nightforce doesn't get a bullet through the wind any better than a Luepold.

I bet if you go over to the question and then search back through to the equipement used you will find a wide variety of scopes used.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, 3 of the main Sporting stores I frequent have stopped carrying Leupolds... cold turkey. All quote poor customer service, bad luck on warranty issues, and poor turn around times when they do agree to warranty work...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm w/Lerch on this one. Leupy is in great shape. They were a little slow shipping product this last year but had no customer service issues.

Only thing I see wrong w/them is that there RFs suck!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm w/Lerch on this one. Leupy is in great shape. They were a little slow shipping product this last year but had no customer service issues.

Only thing I see wrong w/them is that there RFs suck!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with Bill and Lerch on this. yotes2kill must have had dope2smoke on this one.
UB

According to guy I know at Leupold that designs the scopes the only thing different on a Mark 4 from the VX-III is the Mark 4 has a black ring instead of gold, mil dot reticle and different turrets that don't have covers. They charge 300 to 400 more for this. He said other than that the tube and internals including the glass are identical.

My Leupolds are just fine. I cant really see spending that much more money on a Nightforce when a Leupold will do and can do just about everything and anythign a Nightforce will, except the reticle. Leupolds are far from junk in my opinion. Nightforce is a good scope, but dang, there not going to make you hit or kill any more then a Leupold would.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.