vx6 on ruger #1 pics

Tikkamike

I finally got a scope put on my #1 in 416 Rigby. the mount I decided on is the slip over mount by E.A.Brown Co. and the rings are Leupold 30mm PRW's and the scope is a vx-6 1-6x24mm with the fire dot reticle. I will be trying this set up out on bears in a month or 2 hopefully. I am not a fan on the mount on a mount look of the slip over eabco but it is the best, most solid thing I could find. The fit of it is impressive and the design despite being a little tacky is well thought out. it gets the scope back which helps with eye relief, also no objective bell helps in getting it set back also. The VX6 seems to have ample eye relief so a combination of all those facotrs makes this a very useable combination (or so it feels by handling it) I will be starting load development in the next day or 2 so hopefully the rifle shoots as good as it looks. This is the first VX6 I have handled and its a different animal than the VX3 I think I may like it even better.

Good times, I love the number 1. I need to get a good line on casts for .450/577 bullets for the ole' Martini Henry =(

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.