VX5HD 3-15x44 vs Razor LH 3-15x42

wilkup

Thoughts on each optic. I'm easing into the market for a sub 20oz scope to sit atop a new lightweight hunting rifle this spring.
Hoping to keep everything loaded with glass under 7.5 lbs.

I like the zero lock turret on the VX-5. I also find the Leupold reticle choices more useable for the VX5.

VX 5 has more advantages, with 30mm tube, exposed low turrets, zero lock and 2 nd turn indicator. Plus a lot more reticle options and better glass(slightly)

I see AGL4now likes the Impact 29 reticle.
What do the rest of you like for reticles on the VX5HD?

I have really liked Leupold's Impact reticles ever since they started installing them, but the Windplex is growing on me. I initially thought the center was a touch thick, but it's pretty nice to have in low light and it hasn't affected my ability to precisely place shots.

AGL4now, thanks for the link.
I have stayed away from the impact reticle at first glance because of the clutter. I now see a basic TMOA reticle with holdover aimpoints.
I have been thinking about illumination and see the VX5 only offers the firedot duplex in illumination.
Brentc, can you pick up the windplex with your eye at last light?

I've spent a lot of time with both scopes and would choose the VX5 hands down. It blows the Vortex away. Glass quality and features the Vortex just can't compete. Only thing it wins at is weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.