Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 vs NF NXS 3.5-15x50 for Tikka 6.5

I've had no issue. I like the turret just fine. Only issue is that you are limited to 2 turns. That's 40 moa which is plenty enough for hunting. That's 1500 for my PRC.
I was under the impression that you get 38 MOA. I've had my 7wsm out to 1300 yards. Which was 33.75 MOA but no further. Had a 308 to 900 multiple times. 300 Weatherby to 1300 also. Good stuff!

I was under the impression that you get 38 MOA. I've had my 7wsm out to 1300 yards. Which was 33.75 MOA but no further. Had a 308 to 900 multiple times. 300 Weatherby to 1300 also. Good stuff!
well its a 20 moa turret with zl2, limits to 2 revs, so 38 sounds right. I've only dialed to 37 moa to hit 1500 in my area. Most everything I shoot is inside 1200 with most being 700-900. Its fun shooting those longer range shots but i've been working on positional and first round impacts at shorter distance so out to 1k is about the limit off a tripod and sitting.

Are you folks that are running a VX5HD or 6HD comfortable dialing long range with it?
100%, when I get a new one I shoot a box test with it and generally overcrank the turrets to try and get them to mistrial. They always rtz
The one exception was a first gen vx6 that the elevation turret bound up after dialing elevation
Sent it to leupold and was a fault of the illumination system. They sold me a vx6hd since the vx6 was discontinued and it dialed flawlessly.

I can confirm, 38 MOA with the turret on the leupold. I have the VX5 and an SHV. Not the nightforce youre looking at, so I can't compare the glass, but the glass on the VX-5HD is excellent. With the weight and price difference, I would go VX-5HD for hunting, and likely target shooting. I got mine for around $700 on sale. The nightforce seems much more expensive.

If you were looking at VX-5 and SHV for target shooting, I might lean SHV depending on your reticle preference. I don't mind the weight and excellent but somewhat dimmer glass for target shooting. My hunting rifle has the VX5.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.