VX5 VS VX6, what's the difference?

DartonJager

Done multiple Goggle searches, but came up empty, can anyone explain to me the difference between a VX5 W/SF & ZL and a now discontinued VX6 W/SF & ZL?

Thanks,
Djager/Art.

The 5hd has the same lens coatings as the new 6hd, 5x vs 6x zoom, zl2 elevation (two rotation zero lock turret) and a capped windage turret vs the 6hd having a zero lock wind knob. Different reticles. I probably missed something but that's most of it. The og vx6 had the single rotation zerolock turret.

In the last few minutes of the day the Vx6 is said to allow a little more light.
Visit Leupolds website and compare

The 6HD has the internal electronic level, right? If they have the same erector system for dialing in range, seems that level is VERY expensive.

In the last few minutes of the day the Vx6 is said to allow a little more light.
Visit Leupolds website and compare

I agree . I have a 2-12 VX6 . I think it's great in low light . I've only hunted with it one season , but I do like it . I shot this buck last year . it was within a minute or two of quitting time . in fact I was starting to zip up my pack to quit , when he came in sight . I had no trouble seeing the deer and horns through the scope , and I was able to put a good hit on him . without the scope all I could see was a deer . he fell in a step or two . by the time I climbed out of my tree and got over to him I had to use a flash light to see him good enough to get my camera on him . that's the flashlight in the lower left corner of the pic .

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.