Zeiss HD5 vs Leupold VX5 vs...

I had found a Brand New Leupy 3x15x44 VX5HD w/Firedot Duplex for $815, but procrast???ed and missed it. If I go with leupy i'll have to get new rings to. I'm trying to get it done for <$1000. 56mm is making it tough though.

I would not be afraid to seriously consider the Tract Torics.

I do not have the Toric model in rifle scope, but I do have the Tekoa 2.5-10X42 model. I have not done any serious low light tests with eye charts and Whitetail racks( that sounds like a pretty cool idea). But have had them out shooting as it was getting dark. Also had out a vx-6 (no Hd) 2-12-42. I'm not going to say the tekoa was better in low light, but I was very impressed. I did try and set them both on 10x for a fair comparison. I will say it was very close to my eyes.

I have the 8x42 Tract Toric Binoculars. I don't have any other 8X binos. I do have a pair of 10x42 leupold bx-4 McKinley ( they were only out for a short time and never understood what happened). I Haven't had the Torics very long and haven't used them side by side the leupolds, but they are extremely nice.

I hope that sheds maybe a little light to help out. Customer service is great with tract as well.

Ps. Like your signature at the bottom!!! Gives us something to think about..........Out of everything we have: comparing this and that- trying to figure out which high dollar scope we have or want, how many times do we thank God for the needs that he provides, not even counting the wants that he blesses us with!! Thank you! God Bless

Thanks Deadeye308 for the reply I am still on the fence as to which one of the now 3 options to choose from. Pros and cons on each. Still so very few reviews out there on the Tract and fewer comparisons. I'm not in a huge hurry as hunting season will be over about the time I would get one and do some of my own comparing. So for now just listening and learning from you guys that have "been there, done that" and keep saving.

PS on the PS: It is my reminder to remember what's really important.

Thanks Deadeye308 for the reply I am still on the fence as to which one of the now 3 options to choose from. Pros and cons on each. Still so very few reviews out there on the Tract and fewer comparisons. I'm not in a huge hurry as hunting season will be over about the time I would get one and do some of my own comparing. So for now just listening and learning from you guys that have "been there, done that" and keep saving.

PS on the PS: It is my reminder to remember what's really important.

One thing to look into that might help...how much elevation is available to you via the 3 options. Depending on how long you shoot, this might prove critical.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.