VX3i turret upgrade options?

cynjon

I recently got a rifle that belonged to my Uncle who passed away this past weekend. It's a custom Mauser K98 action, rebarreled with a Shilen barrel in .25-06 and has a Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 (#170689) scope on it. Nothing fancy, but the rifle has a lot of sentimental value to me and I'd like to upgrade the turrets on the scope without changing much else on the rifle.

I went to the Leupold Custom Shop website as I know they used to do turret upgrades. Unfortunately, it looks like the Custom Shop is closed indefinitely, according to their website.

I know several years ago, Leupold released the "SI" (MOA) and "S5" (MIL) user-installable turrets, which were discontinued when they came out with the CDS system from what I understand. These would thread onto the existing low-profile "pop top" turrets to convert the turret to a target/tactical style turret. I have posted a "wanted" ad in the optics classified section looking for a S1 turret as my scope is MOA.

Here's a pic of the S1 system:
1643683835972.png

Does anyone know of something else that might work in this application? I looked at the Kenton Industries page but I didn't see anything that looked right for my model of scope. Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

Jon