Custom Turret Knob Suggestions/Options

Ingwe

Hello Fellas,

I have a 4.5x14 Zeiss Conquest Scope with Custom Turrets by Kenton Industries.

Since I switched to a different load, I am going to buy another Turret Knob for it.

I already have several Kenton Knobs and I am happy with them, however, I am wondering who else makes Custom Turret Knobs besides Kenton....I did do a Google search but I didn't find anything comparable.

I especially like the knobs that are on the Huskemaw Scopes but they don't seem to be available for other scopes.

I would like to hear your thoughts and comments!

Thanks frank

Interesting....I am going to read the review now

Things have changed slightly since his review a year ago. You now build the labels yourself on his website so they look exactly how you want them to. He then prints them out and sends them to you. They are a great product at a smoking price.

What is so hard about laminating a drop chart and clear taping it to the side of your stock ? I will not spend a dime on custom turrets again. Money maker for custom shops but no real utility to the end user.

What is so hard about laminating a drop chart and clear taping it to the side of your stock ? I will not spend a dime on custom turrets again. Money maker for custom shops but no real utility to the end user.

Nothing hard about laminating a drop chart to your stock. Pretty sure, nobody said that wasn't an option. But, if the person wants a custom turret, as the OP does........

However, just dialing the yardage is a nice advantage when time is limited. The time someone spends looking at their drop chart, someone with a custom turret will have already dialed the yardage and have that spare time to make any other ballistic changes.

We are talking about $20 here, not the $100+ for a metal custom turret that may take weeks to get.

The TV shows where you see these being used, the truth is that they make the turrets themselves for about $5 each and keep dozens on hand for different loads / elevation / temperature. But just buying a single turret covers you just for a single set of circumstances.

If you hunt with mainly 1 rifle, it is not that hard to memorize the drop chart, but I like to have it available for reference at all times.

My answer to your question is "Nothing" and I am glad that you have a system that works for you.

As for myself....I like using Turret Knobs.
:cool:

The TV shows where you see these being used, the truth is that they make the turrets themselves for about $5 each and keep dozens on hand for different loads / elevation / temperature. But just buying a single turret covers you just for a single set of circumstances.

If you hunt with mainly 1 rifle, it is not that hard to memorize the drop chart, but I like to have it available for reference at all times.

I don't really care what the TV shows use or how much they cost them. It is about what I use and what I pay for them and what value they are to me that matters. You find no value, great don't buy them. For the OP and any others, I have supplied a link to a site that makes the custom turrets.

I think Custom Turret Systems has a great product. If your particular turret knob is large enough, it's an affordable way to go. The label will be as accurate as the data you use to draw the label. I've been playing with the label software - it's easy to use. I'm going to try it on a couple of scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.