Vortex Viper PST FFP 1/10mil 4-16x review

I agree its a toss up b/w the VXIII and the PST. I am going to have to shoot the Monarch Gold you speak of. Every Nikon I have owned has been decent, very good value, but nowhere close to clarity of my Mk4's or even VX's. Never had a Monarch Gold. Might pick one up for the 6.5x284 that I took a Mk4 off to put on my spare 338L. Thanks for the great pics! That's a pretty cool range you have there.

Its Here, Thank you Vortex!

Vortex asked me to ship my PST back to them and also covered the FedEx shipping cost both ways. I sent mine off Friday and the replacement arrived today. WOW...

I would post pictures but it looks just like the original. I mounted it to my rifle and ran some checks with the collimator. It is tracking true 1/10 mil's for the first 10 mils, that was as far as I went.

The reticule showed no visible canting through the testing. The glass appears to be just as good as the old one and possible better. More testing will tell.

My only complaint with the 1st PST was the turret resistance was to light and easily turned.

I am happy to say this has been corrected!

Speical Thank you to Julie and Kelli for your assistance!

That's great Niles. I'm still waiting to hear from them to replace my 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope. Glad to hear that they took care of the "minor" problems. :):):)

joseph

Great reviews. I'm debating on buying a PST for myself. What really caught my eye was the pictures of that shooting range. That is Young's Longshot in Indiana. I should recognize the pictures since I look at the same targets fairly often.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.