Vortex UHD Binos

Elk Crazy

I really want the vortex UHDs. But I wanted to ask the guys that have them, how do you like the razor uhds and after having them a couple months would you buy them again?

I got the UHDs a few years ago to upgrade over the Razor HDs. The HDs were probably less then 10% better then the Gen 2 Vipers honestly.

The UHDs are noticeably better.

On a few scouts and hunts, I've had to the chance to look at them side by side with the Swaro SLCs. I can't tell the difference. I mentioned that in another thread here.

I can't really tell the difference between most of the 10x50s that MSRP in that range, + or - $400.

I have 10x50 and 18x56 razor UHD, both i would not trade for. But like others i would try and file some on sale or lightly used. I couldn't be happier with them but i bought both models right too.

IMO if your going to spend close to 2k in bino's buy swaro, leica the resale value will be there for you if you take care of your equipment. I've looked through swaro's similar to my razor's and can't see a diff, but they will hold value over them all day long. My 2cents,

I bought my 10x42 UHD's about a year or so after they came out. I couldn't find a lightly used pair of Swaro's at the time so I bought the Vortex's. After running them every year since, I haven't regretted that decision.

I have 10x50 and 18x56 razor UHD, both i would not trade for. But like others i would try and file some on sale or lightly used. I couldn't be happier with them but i bought both models right too.

IMO if your going to spend close to 2k in bino's buy swaro, leica the resale value will be there for you if you take care of your equipment. I've looked through swaro's similar to my razor's and can't see a diff, but they will hold value over them all day long. My 2cents,
18x56s are probably going to be my next purchase. I've been thinking for the weight vs a spotting scope, this would work better for me on the further pack ins.

My 10x42s have been great - I have a friend who was able to order them for me for $1100. Definitely money well spent and they get the job done. They are a great upgrade from the Viper HDs.

I'd go spend some time behind some if you can and compare to other brands. Go with what looks best to your eyes.