Vortex Razor HD Bino's vs Swarovski EL series

kherter

I am interested in buying s new pair of bino's and was looking at the vortex razor and was wondering if they are as good as the swarovski but with a much lower price tag? Or should I just bite the bullet and go with the Swaro? If any of you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

What capabilities do you require? What do you want or need them to do for you? This is the key question to ask before buying any piece of gear, IMHO.

IOW, good enough for what? And not just the optical clarity, but in what weather, what game, etc.

If you bought some binos and 3 years later you thought that they were great, how would you know? What made them great?

Oh gee that really helped!! What does a guy usually need a pair of bino's for, who asked on a long range hunting forum?

What do you use? and do you like them?

i have the new 10x42 razors, my father has swaro el's. the vortex is not quite as good, but its so so close its not even funny. there is no diffrence until the last few minutes of light. those last 5 minutes the swaro barely edge the razors out. the swaros are defintally not worth the extra money in my opinion

i have the new 10x42 razors, my father has swaro el's. the vortex is not quite as good, but its so so close its not even funny. there is no diffrence until the last few minutes of light. those last 5 minutes the swaro barely edge the razors out. the swaros are defintally not worth the extra money in my opinion

Thanks for the good info! I was thinking they were pretty **** close in clarity. Does your dad have the 10x42 as well?

yes sir, my father hates to admit he was wrong, but even he says his arnt worth the extra money

Thanks for the input I am leaning towards the Razor too. Your situation sound exactally like my dad and I. Lol. My dad has a pair of swaro 10x32 and I really dont want to spend the extra $$$ if I dont have too.

Thanks a lot

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts