Vortex PST Turret unscrewed

Real D

So i just bought a used pst 6-24ff mrad scope and was out in the field testing it out. I was dialing in and shooting at 650 yards, all was well untill i tried to dial in for a milk jug at about 990 yards. As i was dialing up the turret stopped clicking and just spun. I stopped and dialed back down and got clicks again so i attempted to dial up again and same thing the turret just spun. So i took the cap off and the main part of the turret was unscrewing from the scope. I threaded it on as tight as i could with my fingers and put the cap back on. Zeroed the gun back in and was able to dial up as far as i needed. Has this happened to anyone else out there or is it just me. I tried calling vortex but no one answered so i left a message. I dont want this to happen again especially if im about to shoot at game, that would suck.

Any input would be helpful, I am not tryin to slam vortex or anything i think they make some real nice product.

Thanks for your time

My PST does not act like that so maybe there is an issue with yours. Not to worry though, their warranty and customer service is awesome so I am sure they will take care of it for you. I am sure they will call back, most of them were at SHOT show last week so their office was probably a little light on staff.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.