Vortex LHT vs Leupold VX5 good, bad, ugly?

Thank you for posting that information. For those that didn't open it, the bulk like Diamondback are made in China, the next level are Philippines, the highest are Japan and one is made in the US. This is much like the discontinued Weavers. Good to know. I understand that all of Luepolds are US made.
The Razor, Japanese Made, I was fine with. But I hesitated on the Vortex china made stuff, just because I don't want to support that side of it. I would like to see them move to a USA based production for all of their stuff in the future.

I've had to return a Gen I PST for a retical issue. It appeared to be flaking apart. They repaired and returned it quickly. The scope was just a few months old and had range time for load work and practice on a braked 7rm.

I currently own two gen II PSTs that are a couple years old now but are on low recoil rifles. No issues with them.

Like Mike, I've owned a safe full of Leupolds with no issues from vx2, 3, 5 and 6s. No issues with any of them. Getting ready to add a vx5hd soon.