Vortex LHT vs Leupold VX5 good, bad, ugly?

I had a mk 5 3-15 that would shift horizontally when dailing elevation, had to take a trip back to leupold. Replaced with the LHT 3-15, never looked back! I've been very pleased with the LHT

I currently have an LHT 4.5-22 that I am nervously trying out. I've had terrible luck with Vortex in the past. They are batting 1000 for me in warranty returns previously. Every scope I've ever owned that was a Vortex previously had to be returned up to the Gen 1 PST. I own a safe full of Leupold scopes and have never returned one for warranty work.

It seems both manufacturers are top notch in warranty. I have many Leupolds and one Vortex. I have been very fortunate in that I have never had to send a scope back for warranty work. Obviously any manufacturer can let a scope go out the door that has problems. Based on the number of units sold by these two companies you will see more problems than other brands. Comparing quality requires normalizing rate of defect over the number produced. Transferable warranties is a big deal if you decide to sell it down the road.

Both are solid choices.
biggest observation: VX5HD 3-15X56 v LHT 3-15x50

I could still see deer moving at 250y after legal sundown(aka dark) with the Leupold. Not at all with the Vortex. Moon was waxing crescent. No cloud cover. Both rifles were side by side in my stand, so there was no major time lapse between scopes. Now keep in mind, I'm not saying crystal clear detail, but definitely identified as deer.
For some it may mean a few minutes extra of shooting light.
Fwiw, I have the vx5hd on my go to rifle.

I did a side by side one evening at dusk with my VX6HD (same glass as my VX5HD) and a another gentleman at a range with Vortex Razor LHT. The Leupold was definitely a little brighter. The other gentleman concurred with my assessment. The LHT is still a fine scope.

I did a side by side one evening at dusk with my VX6HD (same glass as my VX5HD) and a another gentleman at a range with Vortex Razor LHT. The Leupold was definitely a little brighter. The other gentleman concurred with my assessment. The LHT is still a fine scope.
For both of those optics to be In the $2k price range they both should be equal in glass.

Got my 1st VX-5HD last year it's like I got new eye balls....
Have many Leupolds of differing models several Vortex and 3 NightForce

Leupold got these right is my personal feedback.....