Vortex HST 4-16X I'd like to here from owners/ users.

xsn10s

I'm not a Vortex fan, but am trying to keep an open mind. Who has a HST 4-16X and how do they like it? How repeatable and accurate are the knobs? Will be using it for varmints and target shooting. Targets beyond 1k.

They work great. I have a 4-16x44. The thing I like about the turrets is the accuracy in dialing. I also have a Vortex 6-24 PST Ver 1 that has the same turrets. It has dialed flawlessly for years. It is even on a 300 RUM. Glass is kinda average though. I would go to a 24x for 1K plus on a regular basis, but I am older with bad eyes....
Here's the one I have on a Savage.
IMG_20180426_223906.jpg

I own 4 of the 4x16 HSLR - (Not exposed windage turret) is only difference. I have used them from Varmintsto Big Game and shot out to 700 yds on paper / steel. I have had no issues with return to zero and being repeatable for my shooting. I do own a couple of PST for longer range and dialing the wind (BOY I NEED Practise). For the $$ the Viper line is a worthy consideration.

My father has one that I've used. It's ok glass. Turrets are accurate. The glass on my gen2 ps-t is quite a bit better if clarity matters to you.
Yes clarity does matter to me but I'm on less than a beer budget right now lol. Thanks to everyone that replied.

I've had one for about 5 years now with no issues. Never used it at 1k so cant comment regarding that

I own 4 of the 4x16 HSLR - (Not exposed windage turret) is only difference. I have had no issues with return to zero and being repeatable for my shooting.

I got 4 of these for $370 per a few months back. They were well worth the price, and hooked a few buddies up. I like the turrets (even have the zero stop shims) and they are repeatable. To me that's what you're buying, and the Vortex warranty, as the glass is just ok. Don't know about the higher end Vortex stuff (above PST Gen2) but the veiling glare from the sun, when shooting anywhere near it's direction, is horrible. Glad they came with a sunshade. If I were looking to get a good scope for a decent price I would be looking at the classifieds on this site for things like these: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/vortex-pst-viper-6x24x50.211874/#post-1536163

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/vortex-viper-hs-4309.211790/

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/vortex-4-16-hs-hslr.212001/#post-1535302

Even if there were something wrong with a used one, Vortex will take care of you.
If I wanted to spend a little more and get better glass I'd be looking at the Sightron SIII.

I have had almost every PST, HS/LR, or HS scope Vortex makes on my hunting rifles.
they all had very nice " clicks" dialed & held zero very well. the only downside I didn't like was lowlight visibility or when looking directly into sun. I'm sure that had to do with the lens coatings. I also have a 15-60X52 Golden eagle on my target rifle & love everything about it. My PST2 is also a really good scope for the money, personally I have never had to use the warranty. I have a few 4-16x50 scopes on hunting rifles that had no problem ringing steel at 1000 yards but for paper matches I need more power for the small dots I shoot at.

have one on my main hunting rifle really like it. have the vmr-moa recticle in it, as i dont prefer to dial. not need for the ranges i hunt with that gun 0-600. but dials fine for target practice.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts