Vortex Fury 5000 AB Binos

I'm not a fan of the Fury's at all. The 5000 AB are better than the previous versions, at least the samples I've looked at, but the blue tint in one barrel really bugs me. There's zero chance I could sit and glass for hours with them.
I agree that the blue tint thing from the display in one tube does bug me also. Made it harder to get it all dialed in.

I pretty much only use mine for RF though. If it's time for glassing the big scope comes out. No little 10x42 binos will hold a candle to an 85+mm Swarovski.

I agree that the blue tint thing from the display in one tube does bug me also. Made it harder to get it all dialed in.

I pretty much only use mine for RF though. If it's time for glassing the big scope comes out. No little 10x42 binos will hold a candle to an 85+mm Swarovski.
I hear you. If only using them for quick glassing/ranging, I probably deal with the Vortex. I prefer to pack and tripod mount 10's to glass out to a couple miles. I keep trying to talk myself into a big Kowa spotter, but I just don't use a spotter much. So for ME, I'd much rather pay a few thousand for RF binos that also have good glass as they are far more useable/versatile for how I hunt & shoot.

I've been looking through mine for the last hour over coffee to see about the blue tint. It's there but it is very slight and only can detect when going one eye to the other with sun on green sage brush. Insignificant in my opinion. The glass is not on par with my Razor HD binos but quite good. They are also 12x50s so a little hard to compare perfectly.

I've been looking through mine for the last hour over coffee to see about the blue tint. It's there but it is very slight and only can detect when going one eye to the other with sun on green sage brush. Insignificant in my opinion. The glass is not on par with my Razor HD binos but quite good. They are also 12x50s so a little hard to compare perfectly.

I'm not arguing with you all but I must have got a bad pair. On my furys it's definitely inferior to the razor hds. I have both and all 5 people who use them prefer the razors.
I sure like the furys for what they do but to just look at things everyone says they want to use the razor hds. I was going to sell them once I got furys but kids and wife and in-laws begged me to keep them😂😂
I wonder if I got good razors or bad furys🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

On my furys it's definitely inferior to the razor hds. I have both and all 5 people who use them prefer the razors.
Same here. Fury 5000 side by side with Razor 12x50s, there's no comparison, Razors win very easily.

The Fury projects data into one tube, that undoubtedly changes the image quality. There must be some kind of a coating difference in the tube that shows the data.

Is the color anomaly unique to the Fury's? Wouldn't expect something like that to occur in Leica or Swaro but others in the same price range? And I think we can all agree: Hey Vortex, when are the Razor RF AB coming?

Is the color anomaly unique to the Fury's? Wouldn't expect something like that to occur in Leica or Swaro but others in the same price range? And I think we can all agree: Hey Vortex, when are the Razor RF AB coming?
No, it's not unique to Fury. It has more to do with the laser emitting and receiving through the one barrel. Other "lower end" RF binos have noticeable tint as well, like Sig 8k and 10k. Swaros have a tint as well, but Swaro are designed with a better optical system overall. Leica's have the laser in the hinge, so they don't suffer nearly as bad.

To me, the Fury's are basically ~$600 binos with ~$400 of electronics. Glass can be useable, but it's generally on par with other ~$600 binos, give or take.