Better Separate Binos. and Rangefinder than Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB for Same Price?

raingrenade

Hello,

I've looked through the treads, but don't see this out there. My apologies if I've missed it.

So I'm considering the Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB binos. There are a lot of reviews, pros, cons, etc. out there. Most of the critics seem to focus on the quality of glass on the binos.

What I'm wondering is this, is there a better separate bino. and ballistic rangefinder that could be purchased for the same price (or better) of the 5000 ABs where both the rangefinder and bino. would be as good or better and the cost would be the same or less than the 5000 ABs? The cost for the 5000 ABs is $1,499. For example, there glass that I could pair with a Vortex Razor HD 4000 GB where the glass would exceed that in the 5000 AB? I ask that assuming the 4000 GB rangefinder is as good or better than that in the 5000 AB, but please correct me if you think that is wrong.

The ballistic calculations are important and I would want that in a rangefinder.

Thanks for all the help.

We have had small Leupold RF handheld for Bow Hunting and binos then Leupold RF BINOS then went to Leica HD-B 2000 RF binos.
The Leica were the BEST and I purchased two pair. One for Jill & I and one for her dad. I lent the Leica HD-B 2000 to a friend for a Speed Goat hunting trip and never got them back. My friend liked them so much.
We recently purchased the Vortex Fury 5000 AB and they are GOOD.
The pair of Leica HD-B 2000 that I bought Jill's dad is still NIB basically. He only used them in his yard a few times. I took them out to compare to the Vortex Fury 5000. The Leica had better Glass for "GLASSING" and the Fury 5000 had more range on the RF.

If you are going to Bow Hunt and close up a single RF will work, but if you are PD hunting or glassing while you hunt and want instant RF get RF Binos!

We are going to be selling the pair of Leica HD-B 2000 that we bought for Jill's dad at a really good deal. He never used them and need to sell.

Thanks
Len & Jill

Hello,

I've looked through the treads, but don't see this out there. My apologies if I've missed it.

So I'm considering the Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB binos. There are a lot of reviews, pros, cons, etc. out there. Most of the critics seem to focus on the quality of glass on the binos.

What I'm wondering is this, is there a better separate bino. and ballistic rangefinder that could be purchased for the same price (or better) of the 5000 ABs where both the rangefinder and bino. would be as good or better and the cost would be the same or less than the 5000 ABs? The cost for the 5000 ABs is $1,499. For example, there glass that I could pair with a Vortex Razor HD 4000 GB where the glass would exceed that in the 5000 AB? I ask that assuming the 4000 GB rangefinder is as good or better than that in the 5000 AB, but please correct me if you think that is wrong.

The ballistic calculations are important and I would want that in a rangefinder.

Thanks for all the help.
If you ever make it over to great falls let mo know and you're welcome to try my furys
I had the razor hds as well to compare