Issue with vortex fury 5000 AB

Trm82

Has anybody had issues with these ?
Here is mine , I have 3 rifles stored in the app.
7 prc , 7 saum and 30 nosler.
While sitting in field last night with son waiting for elk I did a little ranging.
These binos for the 30 nosler with the 205 elites , 2450 elev at 3100 fps should be. They were saying I should be 3.0 moa at 400 yards and my ISnipe and StrelokPro are telling me like 4.6 moa on both apps.
I have checked everything multiple times in the vortex app 100 zero , MOA , correct bullet and can't find anything. Both the 7's line up from the vortex app to the other two or very close.
I deleted the 30 Nosler and reinstalled it and synced but it's still the same.
Has anybody seen this issue before ?

Any idea what issue was?
I don't have enough experience with mine to have any problems yet but would be interested to knwo

Any idea what issue was?
I don't have enough experience with mine to have any problems yet but would be interested to knwo
I'm not sure what we fixed but they said that when your selecting your bc that when the selected bullet has an option of the AB custom curve to select that.
That's the only thing I changed when on phone with vortex. Now it lines up within 0.2 moa of my shooting apps. What I don't like about the custom curve is you don't get to see what BC they are using.

I'm not sure what we fixed but they said that when your selecting your bc that when the selected bullet has an option of the AB custom curve to select that.
That's the only thing I changed when on phone with vortex. Now it lines up within 0.2 moa of my shooting apps. What I don't like about the custom curve is you don't get to see what BC they are using.
Would be nice to have that

Would be nice to have that
image.jpg
image.jpg

What I don't like about the custom curve is you don't get to see what BC they are using.
There's nothing to see because there is no BC - there isn't a drag model assumption because it's based on actual data from bullet flight paths. That's why it's called CDM - Custom Drag Model. Since there's no single modeled coefficient of form none of the formulas work. Even if they took each unique coefficient and did the math with it, there wouldn't be direct comparison between G1, G7, and CDM other than form factor.

The different drag models make assumptions based on bullet shape, which is why Berger shows Form Factor to describe how closely to the model a given bullet is.

I ordered the Vortex 5000 AB binos a few months back. Only thing I've done is took them out once and lazed a couple of known objects to check rangefinder function and actual view through glass. This has me questioning them a bit. There is obvious a problem with this one bullet, and could be for others. Do you have any idea the BC change it would take for your rifle/load to have a 35% decrease in drop at 400 yards? It's basically impossible to go from 4.6 down to 3 MOA with an error in BC. However add about 500 fps to your load and you will get it.
Now if I were you I'd run the numbers (BC change) with your load to check for yourself, don't just take my word for it. I am a bit of an insomniac and been up most of the night after averaging 4 hours sleep the past week.😂

I ordered the Vortex 5000 AB binos a few months back. Only thing I've done is took them out once and lazed a couple of known objects to check rangefinder function and actual view through glass. This has me questioning them a bit. There is obvious a problem with this one bullet, and could be for others. Do you have any idea the BC change it would take for your rifle/load to have a 35% decrease in drop at 400 yards? It's basically impossible to go from 4.6 down to 3 MOA with an error in BC. However add about 500 fps to your load and you will get it.
Now if I were you I'd run the numbers (BC change) with your load to check for yourself, don't just take my word for it. I am a bit of an insomniac and been up most of the night after averaging 4 hours sleep the past week.😂
Sounds like it's using the G1 coefficient in place of the G7. No idea why that's happening but that would probably get those drop numbers.