Need help Vortex Fury 5000 HD AB or Sig 3000bdx

elj1973

I need help deciding which rangefinder bino for longrange hunting between the Vortex Fury 5000 hd Ab or the Sig BDX 3000. I currently have a set of 10x42 Viper HD binos and have been pretty happy with their performance for their price.. But I really would like the Bluetooth option to connect to my Kestrel elite. Any inputs cold weather performance, optic quality, real world rangeing capabilities between those two would be greatly appreciated!
[h3][/h3]

If you are going to connect it to the kestrel all the time save the money and get the sig. If you want a fully contained system get the fury. It's like the sig ABS 2400 with binos.

Glass quality is similar: middle of the road. My Leupold BX4's have better glass. I can easy range over 2200 with the fury's handholding.

The fury's have dedicated buttons for wind speed and wind direction. If you don't have a kestrel all you need is a cheap anemometer or be good at guessing wind speed.

I have a brand new, in the box set of Sigs I'm going to sell after receiving the fury's first. I wish they had better glass, though.

If you are going to connect it to the kestrel all the time save the money and get the sig. If you want a fully contained system get the fury. It's like the sig ABS 2400 with binos.

Glass quality is similar: middle of the road. My Leupold BX4's have better glass. I can easy range over 2200 with the fury's handholding.

The fury's have dedicated buttons for wind speed and wind direction. If you don't have a kestrel all you need is a cheap anemometer or be good at guessing wind speed.

I have a brand new, in the box set of Sigs I'm going to sell after receiving the fury's first. I wish they had better glass, though.
Yeah, I like the looks of the wind direction and speed option buttons on the Vortex. Price is almost a wash with a military discount. Have you had any cold weather experience with the fury?

I have the Sig and am also waiting on the Vortex tests. Vortex has full AB onboard and some other nice features. I do like the Sig 3000BDX though.

I would like to see Sig match the Vortex on features and move up to Zulu 7 Glass on the 3000BDX replacement.

I love Sigs but not having an onboard compass was a mistake IMO. Price is sure hard to beat though!

New 2021 sig catalog came out don't look like any updates too the kilo3000bdx or a new model. Looking like the Vortex with the full AB and compass is going to be hard to beat this year

Does anyone know if I have existing gun profiles on the Kestrel will they transfer to the Vortex fury 5000ab?

New 2021 sig catalog came out don't look like any updates too the kilo3000bdx or a new model. Looking like the Vortex with the full AB and compass is going to be hard to beat this year
Guess I should be glad I went with the Fury 5000 AB

Just received my 5000ab's. Initial impression is good. At dusk is only time I've used em so far. Hit something across town at 4200yards and every single time I clicked on it it would range the same instantly. Must be fairly reflective but wow that's awesome. 2200 to a patch of dirt was a piece of cake. Input my rifles and they didn't match up to shooter(applied ballistics solver) or kestrel solution either. Figured out that the vortex program for some reason doesn't like when you input a rifle ,let's say, zeroed at 100 yards with a impact point of .75" high. So instead I had to use shooter to figure my dead zero range (175) and input that as my zero instead. And then it matched up with shooter and kestrel And same worked so far for every other rifle I've tried now. Solution takes 2-3 seconds to flash onto screen. Hitting menu button after ranging gives temp baro and bearing ° for each press. Temp seems off a little I stood outside for a good 20 minutes and temp was 20° but they showed 55 at the lowest maybe my hand was near the sensor I'm not sure .. More to follow But they seem awesome so far