Vortex Fury 5000 AB Binos

7.62 Gunner

I'm looking for some input on these ballistic rangefinder binos, I have an opportunity to pick a set up for $900.
It looks pretty sweet with the onboard environmentals, internal ballistics, etc.

For those with experience how do you like them, and is the glass or RF a compromise in any way?

I'm looking for some input on these ballistic rangefinder binos, I have an opportunity to pick a set up for $900.
It looks pretty sweet with the onboard environmentals, internal ballistics, etc.

For those with experience how do you like them, and is the glass or RF a compromise in any way?

I'm very happy with mine and I paid 1200. You should snap them up for the price you are quoting! They range great ,the ballistic program is right on and all very controllable through an app on your phone. The only negative at all is the glass is not as good as MORE expensive binoculars. You also need to consider with the electronics involved and the Vortex lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
I think with the Memorial Day sale for veterans it's 55% discount of msrp. Puts it right around $900. I wish I had sold some of my rifles off for this sale.

I'm not a fan of the Fury's at all. The 5000 AB are better than the previous versions, at least the samples I've looked at, but the blue tint in one barrel really bugs me. There's zero chance I could sit and glass for hours with them.

I just picked up some sig Kilo 6K 8x30s as a potential other option. Pricing for mil is same (albeit not as big a discount). So far so good. Many reviews I've read said glass isn't as bad. So far in limited use I haven't found a reason to refute those claims.

I haven't noticed the blue tint issue (yet?)but I've only been using for target shooting and the ballistic solutions, no extended time glassing. I can't compare to Sig or other current RF binos but like was said, AB software is awesome and glass is pretty decent until comparing to the best of the best. The laser isn't the tightest but it hits from a long way out on hard objects even offhand. Like .338 said, Vortex will cover the electronics forever too. I'd recommend you try them for that price.

With the Mill or L&E discount The Fury AB $900.00. I need another RF for ELR and looking at the new Revic BLR10b $2,700.00. Mostly want it to range targets. We have Leica Geovid 10-42 now and great glass, but need more range distance.

Last edited:
We are going to get one this weekend. Just waiting to see if any more discounts for Memorial Day. I'll then compare to our Leica Geovid. If we like the Fury we will probably sell the Leica for a very good price. Won't need both and have small Handheld Leopold too.
Just watched (5) videos on the Fury. A LOT of programs.