Vortex fast focus feature

Mark in Mo

My question is, if you adjust the focus after sighting in (not the side parallax) will your point of impact change?

The eye focus is to get the reticle in focus to your eye. The parallax gets the view into focus and removes parallax. Neither changes impact settings.

I understand its purpose (focus the reticle) but I can wiggle it and the reticle moves so therefore if I adjust it I think my point of impact changes

I took mine outside and set it up in the bags and when I ran the eye focus all the way out I could get some movement out of it. I could not see enough movement in the reticle looking at a 100 yard target to concern me.

Now something I have done with mine is I made a spacer that fits between the eye focus and the scope tube the right thickness so I can run the eye focus down tight against it and the reticle is in focus and just now checking it there is zero movement. When I first started using the scope the eye focus kept running in when hiking and slinging the rifle so I made the spacer. Fixed it!

This scope gets banged around a lot and has never lost its zero. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.