Vortex 6x24x50 for ~$1100 or a similar leupold?

How is the resale value on the Vortex stuff?? I'll bet it's horrendous. :) and when your paying upwards of $1000 there is lots of room for depreciation too.

This is becoming a ford over a chevy type thread.

As for vortex they make great products and back them with an even greater warranty. You can go round and round all you like, but it is hard to argue that vortex doesn't take care of it's customers or listen to what they want!!!
Each year they ask what the customer is looking for in optics and more often than not they try and give us what we ask for.

I have run alot of nightforce optics and the product is just as good as they say it is...however the customer service has in my case not been what I expected from a higher end scope company. After my experiances and a few others I sold my nightforce optics and went with vortex because they listen to the shooters and their customer service is the best in the business not to mention the razor hd glass is awesome.

Any scope can fail, but to me knowing that vortex has me covered if one does keeps me coming back.

This is becoming a ford over a chevy type thread.

As for vortex they make great products and back them with an even greater warranty. You can go round and round all you like, but it is hard to argue that vortex doesn't take care of it's customers or listen to what they want!!!
Each year they ask what the customer is looking for in optics and more often than not they try and give us what we ask for.

I have run alot of nightforce optics and the product is just as good as they say it is...however the customer service has in my case not been what I expected from a higher end scope company. After my experiances and a few others I sold my nightforce optics and went with vortex because they listen to the shooters and their customer service is the best in the business not to mention the razor hd glass is awesome.

Any scope can fail, but to me knowing that vortex has me covered if one does keeps me coming back.

Assuredly. This type of thread always does, one reason I normally ignore them and go to other threads that are actually informative. I answered previously because I have both but it's a crapshoot at best and it distills down to personal preference, nothing more and everything less.

As a rule I always try to refrain from answering the blank vs blank threads and this subject as well.

How is the resale value on the Vortex stuff?? I'll bet it's horrendous. :) and when your paying upwards of $1000 there is lots of room for depreciation too.

My last comment before I put this thread to bed (remove my subscription to it) is to you pointedly...

Either you are completely new on here, never read the for sale and/or wanted ads or are just looking to keep the fire kindled. Whatever it is, have fun but I'll pass on replying....again....

In essence, any quality optic will command a good resale price used. Vortex, Leupold, S&B, NF, Sightron, whatever. Any supplier/manufacturer that offers a lifetime replacement/repair warranty/guarantee will command good resale. Just common sense, you do have that don't you??

Thanks for answering I just wanted to know if vortex were even in the same ball park as leupold which I found they were. people's opinions are useful too if everyone were to say one is crap it probably is but everyone said something different so nice.

I own a FFP vortex 6-24x50. I love the scope, paid 900 for it through Optics planet. The Vortex are hard to come by right now. They have taken off due to the quality and the warranty. Leupolds are great optics, but I will stay with the Vortex. Glass is clear, and crisp. The only thing I had a issue with was the Eye relief is a bit touchy. Once I finaly got a good cheek weld, issue was resolved. Good luck and Good shooting.:Dgun)

Ive never owned a vortex so i cannot comment on them. However in the past 20 years between me and my old man we have owned over 30 leupolds and never had a single issue with any of them. They have all been VX 2 and 3's but for the money they cannot be beat!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.