Vihtavuori Powders?

308cal

Anyone know when the Vihtavuori powders will be available again, like N550 and N560? I saw where they were shutting down thier plant a while back, but then again I saw where they were bought out, and supposed to be back at it again.

Any info on that?

More accurately, they were bought by Nammo who also owns Lapua. If you read both websites you would never know there was a production shutdown or any issues with availability.

I checked Powder Valley yesterday and they pretty much have NO POWDERS from anybody. In that situation how can you tell if they are producing powders or not. You can't buy any powders from those who are not out of business either!

Had a discussion about this w/ my gunsmith a few weeks ago. He is "guessing" that we could see some as early as end of summer to early next year. He has more info than I do and is more qualified to make a guess. GunBot shows places to buy N140, N150 and N160 so I'd say powder is being produced by them. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.