Very poor accuracy with my new suppressor.

bitbythebug

I bought a new Silenceco Harvester 338 suppressor. It makes every gun I put it on shoot 8-12"s low and 4-5"s left. I can't believe this is normal. I have a Magneto Speed chronograph and it affects some of my rifles accuracy but nothing like this Harvester. Dealer says just adjust and and shoot it. If I have to adjust that much to make it accurate at 300 yards, what will I have to do to make it accurate beyond that. Need some advice on what to do.

I bought a new Silenceco Harvester 338 suppressor. It makes every gun I put it on shoot 8-12"s low and 4-5"s left. I can't believe this is normal. I have a Magneto Speed chronograph and it affects some of my rifles accuracy but nothing like this Harvester. Dealer says just adjust and and shoot it. If I have to adjust that much to make it accurate at 300 yards, what will I have to do to make it accurate beyond that. Need some advice on what to do.
That's called a poi shift. You have to re-zero. Expect that in some way every time you hang anything on your barrel, or let anything touch it.

As others noted, every time you put something at the muzzle, esp. a suppressor, it will change the harmonic of the barrel and result in a change in the point of impact. Your dealer is correct, make adjustments with the suppressor on, and go from there. Good luck!

Try search and yes this is very common and what is causing the POI change and can change group size.

The Harvester is a tank of a silencer. It's going to have a pretty big impact on POI. Once you rezero your scope you won't have to make any more adjustments at longer ranges than you did without the silencer. Make sure you redo your dope though, your muzzle velocity may have gone up when you added the can.

I have multiple suppressors that I run across the board on all my rifles. I do see a POI shift but very minimal with or without the suppressors. Some of this can be caused by longer barrel length and taper and torque on your barrel.
If you plan to always shoot with the suppressor I'd zero it and shoot it.
Running several SilencerCo and have no issues with either the Saker(original version) or the Hybrid.

The Harvester is a tank of a silencer. It's going to have a pretty big impact on POI. Once you rezero your scope you won't have to make any more adjustments at longer ranges than you did without the silencer. Make sure you redo your dope though, your muzzle velocity may have gone up when you added the can.
A tank? In what regard? Length? Weight? Diameter?

It's 10" x 1.8" and weighs 22oz. Thats not outside the norm of 338 cans.