Venison BBQ Spiedies

Waynard

Marinade any part of Venison in the following marinade sauce,{ steaks, back straps ,ect.} 2 tsp. Ground Ginger
2 tsp.Dry Mustard
2 tsp.Tenderizer
2 Tbl.sp. Molasses
6 Cloves of Garlic diced
1 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 lbs. of Venison {cubed or whole}
Mix all ingredients in a bowl or jar for 2 or 3 days, turn meat once a day. Cook on grill and enjoy some of the best tasting venison you'll ever eat!!

Excellent marinade! I use similar ingredients. For those that knows me, I'm kinda a foodie. :cool: If you're like me, I like mine bloody rare, esp. on backstraps, prime ribs, etc ..., reduce the marinating time significantly.

IMMHO, 2-3 days is too long for prime meats that are best served medium rare to rare. Like citrus (lime and lemon), vinegar causes the myoglobin in the meat to oxidize, as it does when cooked, and turn brown. In short, the vinegar has the cooking effect. If this does not matter to the the end user, then it's not a problem.

For this type of marinade, I only marinade it for 20-30 minutes and baste often while cooking, this way the tasty meat is not over powered. In addition, it gives end users more flexibility on doneness of the meat ... JMHHO. :D

Your marinade is excellent for pork country ribs or meat that holds well when cooked for a long period of time. Also, makes a great jerky marinade.

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.