Varget

It's not every where, at least not by me, at all for two years. However, I just recently this last month, found some at two local gun stores,
$46.99 and $51.99 for one pounders.
Well, it is online... you are correct you might not find it at the LGS but nowadays 93.2% of purchases for this type of stuff are online.
It's not the old days anymore. "you can lead a horse to water". This is the only industry that thinks prices don't go up with oil at a high....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Seems like we got through the worst of the powder and projectile unavailabilities. Even Bergers are popping up here and there, and same with various powders. Ammo in particular is packing the shelves and aisles at places like Scheels. Prices are still up 25 - 50% though, Compared to pre-pandemic prices. $193 vs $268 for 8# for example. 9mm, .23 vs .34/round.

Well, it is online... you are correct you might not find it at the LGS but nowadays 93.2% of purchases for this type of stuff are online.
It's not the old days anymore. "you can lead a horse to water". This is the only industry that thinks prices don't go up with oil at a high....
Question then, can you get a 1lb of Varget cheaper on line than $46.99 when hazmat, shipping are figured in?
I'm a older hunter, and the little competitive shooting I do is pistol once a month, no rifle at all. I bought a keg of W748 once and it last me 5-6 years!

Question then, can you get a 1lb of Varget cheaper on line than $46.99 when hazmat, shipping are figured in?
I'm a older hunter, and the little competitive shooting I do is pistol once a month, no rifle at all. I bought a keg of W748 once and it last me 5-6 years!
If I buy larger qtys then usually yes about that price or less. Today I'm not seeing varget on my top 10 places other that the one posted.
I buy larger qtys and keep what I need and sell off the rest to friends that need it also. That way I keep my cost down. I wont purchase from places that have qty limit of 2 for an example. I can't afford that ever. Varget was on many sites this past week, for now large qty purchases are my only way right now.

If I buy larger qtys then usually yes about that price or less. Today I'm not seeing varget on my top 10 places other that the one posted.
I buy larger qtys and keep what I need and sell off the rest to friends that need it also. That way I keep my cost down. I wont purchase from places that have qty limit of 2 for an example. I can't afford that ever. Varget was on many sites this past week, for now large qty purchases are my only way right now.
Got it, makes sense. Nice of you to share with your friends.

Hello Friends, has anyone seen Varget for sale. GB not included! I heard thru the grapevine it was discontinued by Hodgdon.
But that was after 3 beers at the watering hole.
It's here ( 8 lb. and 1 Lb.) SO. Cent. Pa.

I believe it is manufactured here in Australia by ADI (marketed here as AR2208) and shipped in bulk for packaging and sale as Varget in the US. According to ADI's website, it is in full production (unlike some of their other powders). Supply chain issues, however, are a completely different kettle of fish.

I got 12 lbs at my local SG store right now. Varget has been easy to come by. Retumbo and Rldr 26 not so much. But there always a substitute I can find that works pretty close.

I couldn't get an 8lb jug of Varget for the longest time, but I was able to get 4lbs from PV last week. For the last couple of years I've been buying all 8lb jugs even though I don't need that much of any particular powder. I carefully weigh out some of the excess powder and put it in properly labeled empty powder cans which were saved over the last few years. My buddies are grateful that they can just pick up a few cans of powder from me at a good price and with no hassle. I'd rather not bother doing this but it's a sign of the times.

I purchased 2 lbs of Varget and 1 lbs of reloader 19 at a Walmart in TX a couple of weeks ago. And at a good price. Limit was 3 lbs.