Vancouver Island Black Bear

I take out my Sony a7ii on all hunts from my truck, and on some hikes if I don't have a lot of other gear for these exact moments and to do some landscape photography if conditions are perfect and I feel more like taking photos than actually hunting haha. And I always have a tripod for glassing and now for the arca-Swiss mount that I screwed into my rifle stock.
That's awesome!

A great story and hunt. Skull size and body weight aren't all that makes a successful hunt. The events, sad, funny, tiring or demanding make the memories. I enjoyed reading of your hunt and the black and white photographs provided excellent detail. Thank you for sharing, good hunting.

Love the photos too.

Bear have evoked some of my least proud moments "name calling"
Thankfully the swear police (wife) is never around to hear those more colorful conversations.

Thankfully the swear police (wife) is never around to hear those more colorful conversations.
🤣🤣🤣
My wife and I are in construction but she may as well be a sailor the way she can get me to blush sometimes. Lol Thankfully, there's no need to curb my language around her.

Went out Monday for first light, glassed a small clear-cut for a bit and then drove down the road a ways and got out to walk a road on the edge of a big clear cut. About 3/4 of the way up the clear-cut I had stopped to do a good once over with my binos when I heard a huff behind me. I looked up to the treeline and instantly spotted this guy, 60 yards sitting on top of a rock bluff, staring right at me.
I put glass on him and watched for a moment, he didn't seem too nervous about my presence, maybe until I decided I was gonna take the shot.
First shot of 130gr TTSX from my Tikka 270 put him down, when he got back up and started for the trees I hit him again, where he went out of sight. A log hanging over the cliff rattled around for a few seconds, then stopped.
First shot through front shoulder, out last rib, second, double lung.
A 16ft cliff and an easy drag got him to the road, and after all was said and done, pictures taken, it took me 20 minutes to awkwardly get him on a big rock so I could roll him in the back of my truck, only for him to go between the tailgait and the rock, back onto the ground. Of course being ****ed right off got him back on that rock in 2 minutes though 😂.
15 hour day, from leaving the house to go hunt to getting home from wrapping the bone-in-roasts and grinding-the-rest, and still a few hours of making the ground into sausage. Sometimes it does not surprise me why people don't hunt, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
View attachment 499316View attachment 499317
Now thassa bear👍