Valentines day Remington 700 30-06

Southernfryedyankee

Compliments of my GF. She bought me the rifle also an HS Precision stock and Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x50 to compliment the new rifle.

DSCN5045Large.jpg

DSCN5044Large.jpg

DSCN5043Large.jpg

DSCN5042Large.jpg

nylouie516

Last edited:

Chas1

Hats off to your GF, very nice of her to do that. Great looking rig. Enjoy.

winmag

BE AFFRAID, BE VERY AFFRAID..... A girlfriend that cool, may need a ring in the future. Thats SCARY. They dont make em' like that everyday.
Good for her for the rifle gift + accessories! Did you have to drop any hints as to what you wanted, or did she do it all on her own? WOW

Southernfryedyankee

BE AFFRAID, BE VERY AFFRAID..... A girlfriend that cool, may need a ring in the future. Thats SCARY. They dont make em' like that everyday.
Good for her for the rifle gift + accessories! Did you have to drop any hints as to what you wanted, or did she do it all on her own? WOW

She asked me what I wanted, I gave her a few ideas. She then asked which I wanted the most and I said I dunno they all sound great. She asked me if I had all of my hunting calibers covered I said well I dont have a 30-06 which is a more traditional hunting cartdridge and she said for me to find 1 that I liked because that was what I was getting. She then said I know you are never happy with just the basic look of a factory rifle and what can we do to spiff it up a bit (she didnt like the factory tupperware either) and I said a new stock and scope would really make this rifle pop and she said alright go find what you want. gun)gun)

Chas1

If you don't mind sharing with the rest of us, what did you get her for Valentines Day?

Southernfryedyankee

If you don't mind sharing with the rest of us, what did you get her for Valentines Day?

A certificate for 1 free back rub HAHAHAHA, I actually didnt spend much this year as her birthday and Christmas was over $1200 and she didnt have much $$$ to do the same for me so with tax time refund she was able to hook me up for Valentines day and get me the scope as an early B-day present which was completely cool with me. She did say though I had to shoot a deer or 2 next hunting season so we can start filling up some of the empty spots on the wall that arent covered by pictures. Shes a good GF

Chas1

So if I'm understanding this correctly instead of conditioning the gift of a rifle on "I'd like a ring down the road sometime soon" she conditions it with go shoot some deer!!! **** some have all the luck...sounds like a keeper...hold on tight.:)

winmag

+++++++++++++++++++++++1 with Chas1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky blankity blank, blankin blank blank blanker! Congrats buddy you got a good one!

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.