Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

My view is that any active military personnel or LE, are bound under sworn oath to obey orders. I believe that it is an entirely personal choice at that time (if that time comes), to choose based on their own choosing.

It's tantamount to desertion, dereliction of duty, Not to be taken lightly.

I don't believe it will come to that, at least I hope not, for those involved.

My view is that any active military personnel or LE, are bound under sworn oath to obey orders. I believe that it is an entirely personal choice at that time (if that time comes), to choose based on their own choosing.

It's tantamount to desertion, dereliction of duty, Not to be taken lightly.

I don't believe it will come to that, at least I hope not, for those involved.

Articles 90, 91 and 92 of the UCMJ says "lawful orders". The Manual for Courts-Martial provides that "patently illegal orders" are not "lawful orders". Orders violating rights and freedoms guaranteed under the Constitution that they are sworn to are "patently illegal orders".

Articles 90, 91 and 92 of the UCMJ says "lawful orders". The Manual for Courts-Martial provides that "patently illegal orders" are not "lawful orders".

I agree with Flip on this one. Whether they will accept and carry out orders to attack U.S. citizens or not with be a personal decision for each individual. Many will accept them, but we need to understand that they have been trained to follow orders, and many will not think about it beyond that regard. Many will support the constitution. It would indeed be just as ugly for members of the armed forces as it would be for us. A fight is something that needs to be avoided until it cannot be. We need to back the NRA as much as possible, and should some anti-2nd Amendment legislation get passed, we need to fight it through the supreme court. Diplomacy is our best method at this time, IMHO.

Joe

In the spirit of a law abiding responsible US citizen, the point I make with respect to President Obama as the "commander and chief" is, can and or will he turn American citizens against each other. This may very well be the card he is playing. If he's not, he'll stop playing around with the 2nd amendment and furthermore respect each state and all citizens as being more important than his visions. Because it smells like to me, it's his vision he's trying to convince people of. Many Democrats if they would just drop their political party and vote with their heart, brain and their conscience would see this. Obama, having enlisted the likes of Senator Schumer, Mayor Bloomberg and Governor Cuomo have really set the stage for President Obama to manipulate other states. This is a real travesty and insult to our fore fathers and the constitution they wrote. The main reason I choose to live in America. States are going to need to stand up to the Federal Government. We really need the Governor's to speak out on this subject. Their elected officials for their respective states. They are not Federal employees. Everyone should be actively writing letters to their Governor. This will have more influence toward retaining our Federal 2nd amendment rights. The Federal Government is growing too powerful. They don't even approve an annual budget anymore. This alone will destroy us as a Nation. I'm starting to think the rumors that President Obama is actually out to dismantle this country may have some truth to it? Am I just paranoid? Or jealous I'm not President! haha... fun to talk about it.

The National Sheriff's Association came out with this yesterday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJqG6bB0SiU]National Sheriff's Association Announces They Will Not Support Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws - YouTube[/ame]

Not as strong a statement as the Utah Sheriffs but I'm glad to see it.

In the spirit of a law abiding responsible US citizen, the point I make with respect to President Obama as the "commander and chief" is, can and or will he turn American citizens against each other. This may very well be the card he is playing. If he's not, he'll stop playing around with the 2nd amendment and furthermore respect each state and all citizens as being more important than his visions. Because it smells like to me, it's his vision he's trying to convince people of.

I think that's a very good observation and it's clear to me that he has intentionally been extremely divisive from the day he started running for President the first time.

Remember the Rev Wright and "G#% D*%& America", not to mention all his other hateful anti American buddies.

We haven't heard diddly from Jeremiah Wright lately. I thought for sure Obama would appoint him to take Hillary's place....go figure....:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.