Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

Very good read ! Looks like MT is a great state with a fine sheriff!
This is just my opinion but I believe that Obama will realize that if he goes all out with a full blown Gun Ban then he will need the help of the UN Nations . ( I personally feel like th UN can stay they heck out of our buisness ) So far it looks like our sheriffs are going ot react like true Americans which leads me to one more thought . Have you guys seen any postings with our Military taking the same stand another words who's side is our military on ?

Taken from the last paragraph of the letter...

[FONT=&quot]We respect the office of the President of the United States of America. But make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No Federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights – in particular Amendment II – has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation[/FONT]
20Letter.pdf
[/
[FONT=&quot]http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2nd%20Amendment%[/FONT]QUOTE]

That covers it.

Probably a little known fact is, the highest ranking elected official in any county is the County Sherriff.

Have you guys seen any postings with our Military taking the same stand another words who's side is our military on ?

The active duty military are in direct chain of command under the Pres. As former military, this is not something I would have publicized outside of close circles. That could lead to a discharge or disciplinary action. The general public would probably not know where individual military stood until the stink hits the fan. Nor would a lot of higher ranking officers. You bet that there are a lot of AD members reading these forums and the headlines. Some will follow orders and some won't and it will be very difficult for those who don't when the time comes to make a decision because the higher ups will come down hard on them. I would not be surprised if there were memos being sent down the chain, to the ranks, reminding them of their "duty".

The active duty military are in direct chain of command under the Pres. As former military, this is not something I would have publicized outside of close circles. That could lead to a discharge or disciplinary action. The general public would probably not know where individual military stood until the stink hits the fan. Nor would a lot of higher ranking officers. You bet that there are a lot of AD members reading these forums and the headlines. Some will follow orders and some won't and it will be very difficult for those who don't when the time comes to make a decision because the higher ups will come down hard on them. I would not be surprised if there were memos being sent down the chain, to the ranks, reminding them of their "duty".

The Oath Keepers are reminding them of their duty and that is to the Constitution first and foremost; not to those who are betraying it.

Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic

It is important for our military to speak up on this one. I do not believe our constitution included giving their boss the right to kill American citizens, under any circumstances relating to private rights in our constituion. Unless they change the constitution to give him that power. As far as our constitution goes, it's American. Unless our country sells ourselves out to another constitution at the UN, thus forming a "world" Government, we are American citizens in heart and soul. I think most military personel especially with many former military who are now citizens in the private sector would frown upon their bretheren in favor of private rights. I guess, that any President that turns against private citizens will have an uphill battle. The last few that have tried are now dead. Hitler comes to mind, their military tried to kill him and we chased him down like he was Osama Bin Laden. Obama could find himself in the same place or worse yet, in a hole like Saddam Hussein. They chopped his head off eventually after he was found. I don't think Obama's that stupid.

30 out of New Mexico's 33 Sheriff's are now saying NO!

The other 3 should be fired. Their oath of office is specific and dictates where their duties lie. If they interept their duties in any other manner, they are derelict of duty and office. They are to be loyal to their County, citizens of the County, and the Constituition. All else is not applicable. A county sheriff is in actuality, the most powerful elected office in the country. He is not there to be a representative of the federal government, but rather to represent the citizens of their county... the legal ones.

"Animo et Fide" Courage and Faith

Doc

From the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association:

Growing List of Sheriffs Saying 'NO' to Obama Gun Control | CSPOA

I read the list in the link and think that it's reprehensible and embarassing that not ONE SINGLE sheriff from Virginia, (read democratic proxy state), has indicated that he will not enforce a federal encroachment on thier citizens constitutional rights. Virginia, of all the states and commonwealths, should have been first to rally against the infringments of constitutional rights as it was where the majority of the signatory's to the constituiton lived, was where the revolution was won. It was also the capitol of the Seccesionist government when the federal government attempted to take away states rights the first time. The citizens of Virginia should take serious note of their sheriffs' lack of fortitude.

Shame on you Virginia sheriffs. Show some spine and courage.

Doc

I too am a retired commissioned US Army Officer having served 26 years as enlisted and a commissioned warrant officer. I am also a retired fire fighter.

While fire fighters do not take the same oath as US service members, they are staunchly patriotic and can be counted upon to defend the constitution with tenacity and vigor!

This is the oath of commissioning that ALL US Army Commissioned Officers take:

"I (insert name), having been appointed a (insert rank) in the U.S. Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."

NO WHERE DOES IT STATE THAT THE PRESIDENT'S WHIMS AND WISHES SUPERCEDES THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES! ALL US ARMY OFFICERS ARE DEDICATED, SWORN, AND DUTY BOUND TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION AND ONLY THE CONSTITUITON!

There is the Uniform Code of Military Justice that prescribes the aspects of military discipline...

But the UCMJ does not, nor will it ever, supercede the Constitution.

I too am an Oath Keeper.

This I Will Defend!

Doc

Doc,

I am a little more than upset that there are not any Nebraska Sheriffs on that list either. I spoke with our sheriff, and it is my belief that he is on board, even if he hasn't announced it publicly. I have taken a very similar oath, and I do not intend to break it, hence my vigor in writing our representatives and doing as much research as I have been doing into all of this.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.