Using 7mm Rem cases for 7mm Weatherby

gmoose

When I run 7mm rem cases through my 7mm weatherby die the cases come out about .050 short. will they be ok to reload and shoot in my weatherby, thanks

When I run 7mm rem cases through my 7mm weatherby die the cases come out about .050 short. will they be ok to reload and shoot in my weatherby, thanks

The two 7mm cases are very close to the same body length but the Weatherby has a longer neck
(.049) so if you fire form the Remington brass in the Weatherby it should still be fine with the shorter neck.

It is worth a try. you may have to crimp the necks in to a cannelured bullet to get the best performance.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

It is the neck of the Rem 7mm case that is short. The rest of the Rem 7mm case is identical to 7mm weatherby after running through weatherby full length die. One of the reasons for hand loading is saving money. The 7mm Rem once fired cases are free from a neighbor, buying 7mm weatherby cost $2.00 each, the reason for using Rem 7mm cases. I don't see a problem, but I'm not an expert that's why I'm asking for help, thanks

it should fire alright, but suspect your going to see a lot more than .049" loss in the neck length. Your going to be moving a lot of brass around in the shoulder area, but it's worth the try. I think your going to see something like.075" or more, plus some erosion in the neck area from the flame path.
gary

morning, 7mmwbee brass is not $ 2.00 a case. i just bought 60 rounds tiger

box and 1 remy box of 7mmwbee loaded for $65.00 al total of 80

rounds. $ 45.00 shipping. not $2.00 a round unloaded or loaded.

i have a total 180 rounds total for less than $ 200. i use this 7mmwbee

brass also for my 257wbee. i also use 270wbee for my 257wbee. they all work

just fine.

life member NRA-TSRAlightbulb

Just country, maybe you would share where you can buy brass at that price as I have searched for hours and cannot find weatherby brass less than 2.00 each or more. Thanks

i watch gunbroker everyday. thats where i buy most my wbee brass. i buy alot

of bullets and brass off of this site. midway usa just sold 22.cal TTSX

55gr bullets for $20.00 a box. midway had 20 boxes left i bought 3.whether

i need them or not. anytime i find a deal on bullets and powder i buy.

can rant about the deals i find. the fun is finding the deals. do not shay away

from once fired brass. u can look at a picture and see the stretch in the case.

wbee once fired brass has to b fl sized. once fl sized take ur weapon and

chamber each round. good to check.lightbulb

life member NRA-TSRA

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.