7mm weatherby

ann brezinski

what are your loads for 160 and 168 grain bullets and do you think this case is better in getting more speed over the 7 mm remington magnum..
ann

Don't load for any 7mm cartridges, but I do load for a 270 Bee.
You WILL get 150fps, at least, faster than 7RM with all bullet weights. Maybe even 200fps with certain bullet styles.
160/168 is a good pick, but maybe you might look at the heavies, they retain their velocity down range better.

Good luck with your 7Bee, they are well designed, old Roy's stuff.

Cheers.

Probably the best balanced 7mm Mag made. I've got one and just love it. With max loads of MRP with a 175 gr Bullet muzzel vel is 3156 ft/sec and with the Barnes 145 LRX and max loads of MRP my vel is 3327 ft/sec. Great round, not bad recoil, decent barrel life and powder consumption, flat shooting, etc. My only issue with this round is with the 1/10 twist that Weatherby puts in it's barrel. I believe this year they have changed to a 8.5 twist. This will be much better for the heavies.

I'm having very good results with Retumbo and 160gr Nosler Accubonds to the tune of 3250 FPS.

I have a 7 Dakota and run off of 7 Weatherby and STW reloading info. I went through 1# of IMR 7977 and didn't quite get a load that tightened up real well. Bought some 8133 to try. My gunsmith had a load with 7828 that shoots pretty good for me with 175 Nosler ABLR's. I'm also running a 9" twist.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.