Update from Hodgdon Powder Company - Jan 12th

EGGS went from .69 per dozen to $4.00 per dozen most everywhere.

$7.00 per dozen in California.

41 million chickens died due to bird flu.

We have had avian flu in the primer market too. All the primer hens keeled over and died. Raised the prices by double and triple.🙂
Today,January 19 at a local grocery store 1 dozen eggs were $5.99.
A few months ago I bought a dozen of eggs there on sale on a Sunday for $1.99 a dozen.
That chicken flu isn't over yet.We may see folks robbing others,not for drugs but for grocery items like eggs.

Got plenty of Varget and gold medal primers. I will make do. Giving up that extra 50FPS they promise for the latest and greatest powder is not that enticing. Have heard that kind of salesman talk before.

More powder on the shelves is a good thing but I find that last paragraph a little hard to believe. Are they referring to H powder or all the powder's under their umbrella? IMR, Winchester, Ramshot.
If that's the case where are the manufacturers getting powder for the ammo they are producing?
Alliant, I'd guess….since it is unavailable.

Was at one of my local large LGS's. He's stacked with powder and prices are coming down. They had numerous kegs of Varget, H4350, and others. Also probably had 30-40 different varieties of 1lb containers. The one that seems behind in powder production the most is Alliant.

All I want is 1 8 LB can of Mother F. Ing H4895. Haven't been able to score it for going over a year now. So I hope they are correct and be able to put this in my inventory. For theove of GOD. just 1 8lb can
Just bought a 1 lb can at the local bass pro. Got the same in Varget. I'm walking around BP looking for a basket with four 1 lb cans tucked under my arms. The stares I got were priceless. Like I literally read one woman's face..."look at that nut job"
Yes, one could say I'm hoarding but it'll go fast once primers are more readily available.

If what they say is true, setting records for production and shipping, then the only answer is the distributors are selling out the back door to their friends, you have a online seller that calls themselves "powder valley " and for more then two years only till just recently, they have had no powder except for the stuff no one uses, there is something we're not being told by someone.
I'm not doubting that there's truth to this but I've had a few orders from powder valley in the last couple of years with Varget, h4350 and maybe even Retumbo if memory severe correct but it's been few and far between for sure.

Just bought a 1 lb can at the local bass pro. Got the same in Varget. I'm walking around BP looking for a basket with four 1 lb cans tucked under my arms. The stares I got were priceless. Like I literally read one woman's face..."look at that nut job"
Yes, one could say I'm hoarding but it'll go fast once primers are more readily available.
I've seen over 100 to one with small rifle vs large coming back… I switched my 25, 6, 22 & 6.5 CM to SRP two years ago so I could continue to shoot freely and have been sitting on what's left of my 215m s like Gollum and his precious from LOTR.. talking to them every night before I go to bed.

A poor, and high risk investment. The regulatory issues connected to the EPA/OSHA/UL involved in the construction of a new facility means multiple years project in all likelihood.Remember that our current administration is of a similar mindset of the Obama administration - who infamously created the regulations that closed all of the last remaining lead smelters in the USA. SO ALL lead, lead bullets, etc - now come from other countries. By the time a powder facility could wade thru the neck deep bovine feces of government colo-rectal examination , demand will return to sanity - leaving the investors with a wind-suck hole in their wallets. And - for the record..."venture capital" RUINED companies like Remington and others by gobble up and merge tactics - then the board ( big "investment capital" backed stockholders...) drives for profits...screw quality....kind of thinking. NO, we need to all take a deep breath, recognize that WE have created a short term hyper-demand....Calm down, relax and stop buying. If enough folks just sit and wait a little while - maybe 4-6 months - we will see more powder and somewhat lower prices. Never as low as pre-pandemic...but lower than now.
This whole situation is control of the masses and a tactic to inflate profits! That's the bottom line. Agreed the public Should throttling back hoarding! Maybe that will create "Powder Wars "and major price drops!

This whole situation is control of the masses and a tactic to inflate profits! That's the bottom line. Agreed the public Should throttling back hoarding! Maybe that will create "Powder Wars "and major price drops!